VeggieViews Facebook Page

After ruminating on what Wonder Randy advised, I'm thinking most likely to be shared are:

- recipes with attractive pics of the food, since even omnis can cook veg*n stuff and might click the link
- cute animal pictures
- funny stuff

Reactions: KLS52 and Mel
I don't know why I can't 'like' stuff as my own profile. When I click 'use facebook as Gemma' then go to the VV page and press like, it comes up 'VeggieViews likes this'.

Go to the page settings, there's a box you can uncheck about always using the veggie views page as veggie views. Then you can post as either vv or yourself.

Reactions: Mel
After ruminating on what Wonder Randy advised, I'm thinking most likely to be shared are:

- recipes with attractive pics of the food, since even omnis can cook veg*n stuff and might click the link
- cute animal pictures
- funny stuff
I think you're probably right. Milder AR stuff (particularly if it's clever, or includes cute animals) also tends to get shared.

Another thing worth trying is posting (as VV) interesting content directly to other FB groups with similar audiences (Compassion Over Killing, Mercy for Animals, Peta, celebrity vegan chefs) so it lands on their page, and potentially gets seen. We have to be careful with this one, so we're not seen as spam, but as friendly content contributors.

Maybe it needed some cocksauce.
thumbnail.aspx

I have a FB account but rarely use it and I'm not savvy with its functionality. There are a few people on my freinds list who are vegetarians, and I'd like to post a link to the VV FB page and/or the site itself and alert them that ther is new "content" on my page..and hopefully they'll view my page and follow the link.

My MIL occasionally send out a "poke" when she has something new, but I don't even know how to do that.

I rarely converse with these people, so it would be akward for me to just send them an email out of the blue. I'd rather take a subtle approach. Can anyone give me some guidance?

I have a FB account but rarely use it and I'm not savvy with its functionality. There are a few people on my freinds list who are vegetarians, and I'd like to post a link to the VV FB page and/or the site itself and alert them that ther is new "content" on my page..and hopefully they'll view my page and follow the link.

My MIL occasionally send out a "poke" when she has something new, but I don't even know how to do that.

I rarely converse with these people, so it would be akward for me to just send them an email out of the blue. I'd rather take a subtle approach. Can anyone give me some guidance?

I would post a link to either vv or vv's fb page on your wall/as your status, and then tag people (by typing an @ symbol followed by their name). Fb will notify them that you have tagged them, so they will see the link, but it's nowhere near as personal as an email or message. You can also include a little description, e.g. "some people might be interested in a new vegetarian forum I've joined. Veggieviews.com @person 1 @person 2..."

I would post a link to either vv or vv's fb page on your wall/as your status, and then tag people (by typing N @ symbol followed by their name). Fb will notify them that you have tagged them, so they will see the link, but it's nowhere near as personal as an email or message. You can also include a little description, e.g. "some people might be interested in a new vegetarian forum I've joined. Veggiewiews.com @person 1 @person 2..."

I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Just a little something... About an hour ago, a picture of a particularly nasty looking pus-leaking hunk of meat was posted up on the veggie views Facebook page. I know a point was being made about the gross side of meat that people don't think about, but I didn't really want to see that, and I'm guessing a lot of other veg*ns that would potentially like the page wouldn't want to see it either. Dunno how others feel about content like that, but for my two cents, I wasn't a fan.

Eh it's got all the veg*ns talking on my wall!

Gross pictures aren't the focus, the stuff mentioned above is. But other stuff that could provoke discussion is okay too.

If it's bothering a significant number of people I will remove it. The idea definitely isn't to drive people away.

Yeah, it's not pleasant is it?

I can see it's been shared by at least one person, although I don't know who. Whether sharing stuff like that will bring veg*n traffic to VV remains to be seen, it's all stabbing in the dark with something as public as Facebook. What we need is advertising in a place where mostly veg*ns will be seeing it.