Veggie Views magazine / eZine?

If there were a VV e-zine, I would ...

• ... run away screaming

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ... rage quit

• ... want to contribute graphics, illustrations etc.

• Total voters

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I think some sort of article system would be a nice feature here on VV, a way to expand the site beyond the forum and appeal to more people, take over the world etc.

It would require some effort though.

On the software side, there are a couple of alternatives:
  • I could set up a separate Wordpress installation elsewhere on/under the veggieviews.com domain.
  • Some other CMS.
  • I could buy this sweet, sweet add-on which is demonstrated here.
  • Another add-on demonstrated here.
The not-so-serious poll is multiple-choice and public! Let me know what you think.

Reactions: SummerRain
I could contribute this Shakespearianesque poem.

There once was a man who was fat,
All he had for a pal was his cat,
He knew he felt silly,
Because his belly obscured his willy,
But it mattered little when he went blind as a bat.

:yes:

Reactions: Second Summer
My feelings run the gamut from ignore it to occasionally reading it to want to contribute by correcting the spelling and grammar. :p And maybe write an article. Maybe.

But why an Ezine if there's a Wiki section on the forum?

But why an Ezine if there's a Wiki section on the forum?
They're a bit different in user interface, look & feel, and how they're supposed to be used. Wikis are built on the revolutionary idea that "anyone" can contribute by writing and editing articles, sometimes about topics that interest only a narrow segment of readers. Each article therefore typically has a long list of editors, and the article is never in a "finished" state because anyone can jump in and modify it at any time. Whereas ezines I guess are more like magazine and therefore more traditional: typically only one or a few authors, it has a publication date after which it is usually not modified substantially. Also the user interface is usually more intuitive and user friendly. The editing process is done before the article is published.

The Wiki has not been very successful, so I would like to try something different.