NZ Veggie rennet cheeses Countdown NZ

Blues

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Just a note , that cheeses used in the bakeries at Countdown supermarkets are of veggie rennet origin

MOD POST
The ethical side of dairy foods is deemed off-topic, and the relevant posts have been removed. Please PM me if you'd like your posts put into a new thread. In any case, that sort of thread should either go into the Vegan Forum (if you don't want opposing views), or the Debate forum if you do want opposing views.

Reactions: Blues
I use Countdown, though I havent been to the bakery part in a long time. I only buy brown bread. I usually get Burgen.

Yeah, i dont know a lot about it. I like it though.

I used to buy allinsons or something when I was in the UK. Great bread there.

I get the wholemeal and grain, or the wholemeal. THere is also a poppyseed loaf I like.

I use Countdown, though I havent been to the bakery part in a long time. I only buy brown bread. I usually get Burgen.

Yerh Burgen is popular, especially with all the different grains you can get .
In the bakery they have a "Four Seed Loaf" , its about as long as your arm , but just freeze half of it (the loaf , not your arm ) its not to bad .

Also on Tuesday and Thursday (only in the large Stores ) they have a vegetarian pizza , which they turn out .Its unique, the base is spread with ChowChow maybe Pickle , cheese and red peppers . I am going to plagiarize it slightly ,by making a pizza base , lightly spread ChowChow over it ,grate some tofu over the ChowChow ,sprinkle chopped spring onions and sliced zucchinis and red peepers over the tofu and bake .

Yerh Burgen is popular, especially with all the different grains you can get .
In the bakery they have a "Four Seed Loaf" , its about as long as your arm , but just freeze half of it (the loaf , not your arm ) its not to bad .

Also on Tuesday and Thursday (only in the large Stores ) they have a vegetarian pizza , which they turn out .Its unique, the base is spread with ChowChow maybe Pickle , cheese and red peppers . I am going to plagiarize it slightly ,by making a pizza base , lightly spread ChowChow over it ,grate some tofu over the ChowChow ,sprinkle chopped spring onions and sliced zucchinis and red peepers over the tofu and bake .

Don't worry, kids, he's not talking about spreading dog on his pizza. :p He's talking about this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chow-chow

I had no idea, though, that you had chow-chow Down Under. I thought it was strictly a North American thing.

yup Amy :)we have ChowChow , electricity , toilets , telephones and roads Down Under ,much like North America .:p

Anyway our ChowChow big_2663.jpg

I am not into that type of pickle myself. I only like savory relishes. The pizza sounds cool though.

I used to get Hells vegetarian pizzas when I was an omni. Not sure what I would do now though as I would want to buy cheeseless these days. Perhaps it would be ok.