Veggie burger recipe anyone?

I love love love Chef Chloe's Falafel Sliders recipe. Can't find it on the internet anywhere, but if you're looking to pick up a vegan cookbook, I cannot recommend this one enough! The burgers took me about 15 minutes to prepare, and they were delicious. The cookbook itself is filled with easy-to-follow veganised versions of omni food :lick:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Chloes-Kitchen-Delicious-Recipes-Making/dp/1451636741

chloeFalafelSliders_2042951_large.jpg

Also, this recipe is on her website: http://chefchloe.com/entrees/mexicali-sliders.html

Never tried it myself, but it's probably delicious :p

Reactions: ledboots
Shamefully, I buy my veggieburgers pre-made. But, I do enjoy a nice portobello mushroom that's been grilled and eaten on a bun like a hamburger. :)

I make a nice tofu and shitake mushroom burger but just make it up as I go along. :D

I'll have to make a point of weighing out the ingredients next time I make a batch.

I love love love Chef Chloe's Falafel Sliders recipe. Can't find it on the internet anywhere, but if you're looking to pick up a vegan cookbook, I cannot recommend this one enough! The burgers took me about 15 minutes to prepare, and they were delicious. The cookbook itself is filled with easy-to-follow veganised versions of omni food :lick:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Chloes-Kitchen-Delicious-Recipes-Making/dp/1451636741

chloeFalafelSliders_2042951_large.jpg

Also, this recipe is on her website: http://chefchloe.com/entrees/mexicali-sliders.html

Never tried it myself, but it's probably delicious :p

I've just been reading the thread that is about what more experienced veggies/vegans recommend for beginners and I saw you had recommended this book-it's on my amazon wish list :D
I do love falafel!

Thank you

Reactions: AeryFairy
I make a nice tofu and shitake mushroom burger but just make it up as I go along. :D

I'll have to make a point of weighing out the ingredients next time I make a batch.

I'm ashamed to admit I'm actually scared to try tofu! I will eventually of course but I'm still scared! That and soy milk!

Thank you

I'm ashamed to admit I'm actually scared to try tofu! I will eventually of course but I'm still scared! That and soy milk!

Thank you

What are you actually scared off AL, the taste ? As for milk, you have a large selection of almond, coconut and
oat (Oatly) milk in supermarkets.

Honestly? I have no idea! Yes I think it's the taste and possibly texture. With the milk I hate almonds but am interested in the oat milk-are other nuts used (hazelnuts are my nut of choice) to make milk?

Honestly? I have no idea! Yes I think it's the taste and possibly texture. With the milk I hate almonds but am interested in the oat milk-are other nuts used (hazelnuts are my nut of choice) to make milk?

Hazelnut milk is definitely a thing, alpro have a hazelnut milk that is available in most supermarkets for a reasonable price. I alternate between that and the almond milk for my milky needs (making hot chocolate, putting on cereal, etc.). Boyfriend likes to put hazelnut milk on chocolate cereals to create what he calls 'nutella milk'.

Thank you for that Renee!

Thanks AF-think I'm going to buy some soy milk and either make or buy some hazelnut milk and see what I like best! Think your bf has a great idea ;)

My favorite is a black bean burger recipe that I sort of culled from three other recipes:
You can change up the spices depending on what flavor you're looking for:

Black bean burgers
Ingredients:

2 cups black beans (1 15oz. can ) drained and rinsed

1 cup cooked brown rice
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup soy milk (or your own milk)
1 to 2 tsp. chili powder (I sometimes use a tablespoon)
1 to 2 tsp. cumin
1 TBSP. ketchup (sometimes I skip this)
3 cloves garlic crushed ( I sometimes put in 4)
½ small onion chopped
Dash or so of red hot sauce or Tabasco sauce (depending on how hot you want them)
Bread crumbs, if you think the mix is too wet.
Directions:

Mash up the beans with a fork. Don’t puree them, but make sure there aren’t any whole beans left. There can be chunks of beans.

Mix in all of the other ingredients and roll into balls. Use your palm to press the ball down on a clean surface to form a patty that is about 1 ½ inches thick. Make six or seven patties.
Pour a thin layer of olive oil into a non-stick or cast-iron frying pan. Cook the patties three at a time on medium heat for 5 minutes on each side, gently but firmly pressing down on them with a spatula. Spray with olive oil before turning over for uniform browning. I would heat the oil a bit before starting to cook the patties.

My favorite is a black bean burger recipe that I sort of culled from three other recipes:
You can change up the spices depending on what flavor you're looking for:

Black bean burgers
Ingredients:

2 cups black beans (1 15oz. can ) drained and rinsed

1 cup cooked brown rice
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup soy milk (or your own milk)
1 to 2 tsp. chili powder (I sometimes use a tablespoon)
1 to 2 tsp. cumin
1 TBSP. ketchup (sometimes I skip this)
3 cloves garlic crushed ( I sometimes put in 4)
½ small onion chopped
Dash or so of red hot sauce or Tabasco sauce (depending on how hot you want them)
Bread crumbs, if you think the mix is too wet.
Directions:

Mash up the beans with a fork. Don’t puree them, but make sure there aren’t any whole beans left. There can be chunks of beans.

Mix in all of the other ingredients and roll into balls. Use your palm to press the ball down on a clean surface to form a patty that is about 1 ½ inches thick. Make six or seven patties.
Pour a thin layer of olive oil into a non-stick or cast-iron frying pan. Cook the patties three at a time on medium heat for 5 minutes on each side, gently but firmly pressing down on them with a spatula. Spray with olive oil before turning over for uniform browning. I would heat the oil a bit before starting to cook the patties.

This sounds delicious! Thank you! I intend to make some on Thursday :)