Vegetarian Ready Meals - Adivse Pls !

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
I'm coming over to the UK tomorrow and will have to stay at a Guest House for 2 nights. There are no
cooking facilites so that means buying a ready meal and heating it up. I never buy these kind of things so am a bit stuck. I really do enjoy dinner in the evening and Saturday's will be a vegetarian wrap on my BA flight ! So I really need something substantial on Sunday.
I'll be going to Sainsbury's and M&S ( I could also pop into Waitrose) on Sunday so would like to pick up something nice and tasty that is chilled. I don't want anything with beans - so no LM chilli !:D

Does anyone have any ideas or recommondations ?

Vegetarian, right? Not vegan?

There are loads of vegetarian ready meals in Sainsbury's. M&S has quite a lot as well. Just double check the label for everything and make sure it has the green V or suitable for vegetarians on it because there are quite a few ready meals which are meat-free but aren't vegetarian (animal rennet in the cheese).

Anyway, M&S low fat range of ready meals (I think they're called Count on Us or something like has) have a couple of really nice veggie ready meals. The spinach and ricotta cannelloni is my favourite. The vegetable lasagne and the vegetable moussaka are really nice too.
The sainsbury's be good to yourself spinach and ricotta cannelloni is really nice too (the full fat one is OK but I find it too rich) but not as nice as the M&S one. The M&S one has nutmeg on it and it's lovely.
Most of the vegetarian ready meals in Sainsbury's are really nice, apart from the moussaka, that's vile. They are doing a range called "love veg" and they have a few ready meals in that but I haven't tried any of those. My family usually buy me the vegetarian meals from the Italian section. (They buy them for me even though I don't want them and never ask for them and then they tell me off if I don't eat them. Oh and when they do see me eating them they lecture me about how bad they are for a fatty like me. I can't bloody win. )

Innocent meal pots are £2 a pop and quite edible and healthy, just need a microwave.

Will check this out.
Vegetarian, right? Not vegan?

There are loads of vegetarian ready meals in Sainsbury's. M&S has quite a lot as well. Just double check the label for everything and make sure it has the green V or suitable for vegetarians on it because there are quite a few ready meals which are meat-free but aren't vegetarian (animal rennet in the cheese).

Anyway, M&S low fat range of ready meals (I think they're called Count on Us or something like has) have a couple of really nice veggie ready meals. The spinach and ricotta cannelloni is my favourite. The vegetable lasagne and the vegetable moussaka are really nice too.
The sainsbury's be good to yourself spinach and ricotta cannelloni is really nice too (the full fat one is OK but I find it too rich) but not as nice as the M&S one. The M&S one has nutmeg on it and it's lovely.
Most of the vegetarian ready meals in Sainsbury's are really nice, apart from the moussaka, that's vile. They are doing a range called "love veg" and they have a few ready meals in that but I haven't tried any of those. My family usually buy me the vegetarian meals from the Italian section. (They buy them for me even though I don't want them and never ask for them and then they tell me off if I don't eat them. Oh and when they do see me eating them they lecture me about how bad they are for a fatty like me. I can't bloody win. )

I thought that M&S had a vegetarian selection so I'll pop into both M&S and Sainsbug's. I knew that I wasn't going to starve in the UK as there is so much food availabe for vegetarians.
Thanx to all for your advise !:smitten: