Vegetarian Breakfast Ideas

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
I'm looking for some healthy, original breakfast recipes that don't include cereals.

What do most of you have for breakfast ?

peanut butter with raw onions, on toast is quite nice..and a bit different.

I love crumpets but can't get them over here. I am now craving a hot toasted crumpet with vegan butter.:rolleyes:

My breakfasts aren't that original, I usually have one of:

- Museli and almond milk
- Porridge with some of the following: sultanas & cinnamon, banana, peanut butter, golden syrup, toasted nuts, etc.
- Toast/crumpets/English muffin with peanut butter, cashew butter, marmite or jam
- Fruit toast
- Cooked breakfast: vegan sausages, baked beans, hash browns/fried bread, fried mushrooms, grilled tomatoes
- Banana, peanut butter and chocolate smoothie
- Fruit smoothie

Plus a big mug of black coffee :)

Reactions: Dropkick
Vegetable crustless quiche.
Coconut and linseed/flax granola with soya yogurt
Peanut butter soya protein smoothie

For the longest time I was having soup for breakfast . Usually lentil/veggie soup. Now I'm stuck on big bowl breakfasts . Usually a burrito bowl similar to this idea: http://ohsheglows.com/2014/01/06/the-big-vegan-bowl/. But my bowls contain black or kidney beans, roasted sweet potatoes, homemade salsa and roasted veggies over a bed of greens such as kale, cabbage, or collards. I'm really into the whole bowl thing.

Reactions: KLS52 and ledboots
My favorite breakfast is hot oatmeal with raisins, chopped walnuts and agave syrup. One nice thing is I've found it is available in most restaurants (except for agave, but maple syrup is fine)

I also make veggie breakfast burritos with hash browns, soy crumbles and avocado.

Sometimes I'll make a smoothie with some combination of peanut or almond butter, banana, berries, apple or orange and almond or coconut milk.

I'm going to experiment and try and make a spinach bake. I need a few ideas to make breakfast ahead of time, so that I can take it to work.

Normally I have hummus on some flatbread and a piece of fruit.
Occasionally I'll have some sprouts (any kind) and an onion bagel made into a sandwich along with some juice (extremely filling).