Veganizing Thanksgiving

Are you looking to cook a Thanksgiving meal?

It is pretty easy really as so many holiday sides are already vegan.

well there is that thread in the general food discussion. They talk about buying tofurkeys, field roasts etc. Also there is a recipe in that thread for a fake turkey there but it apparently takes a long time to make.

And there is that gardein holiday roast thread there.

Very lucky as I dont have anything like that here, only things like fake chicken schnitzels and burgers.

During holidays, I've become way more sensitive to the animals. Thanksgiving was rough.
Love Tofurkey.

Reactions: KLS52
During holidays, I've become way more sensitive to the animals. Thanksgiving was rough.
Love Tofurkey.
I’m glad you like it! I wasn’t a big fan when I first tried it, unfortunately. But there are other options out there, like the celebration roast, which is pretty good, and this year I made my own nut roast which was absolutely amazing. It’s going to be my go to roast going forward, now.

I’m glad you like it! I wasn’t a big fan when I first tried it, unfortunately. But there are other options out there, like the celebration roast, which is pretty good, and this year I made my own nut roast which was absolutely amazing. It’s going to be my go to roast going forward, now.[/QUOTE
Do you have a recipe, or did you wing it?

I do have a recipe but I made a few tweaks here and there. I will post it a little later when it’s not 3 a.m. lol.

I do have a recipe but I made a few tweaks here and there. I will post it a little later when it’s not 3 a.m. lol.

A gentle reminder as we are off topic KL. Don't forget to post it in the Christmas Food thread.:up::hug:
Oops, forgot the attachment!

View attachment 15343

The recipe looks similar to Rose Elliot's cashew roast. If you remember we were discussing this recipe in the Christmas Countdown thread. I did add a few tips and a photo of the roast. It does slice really well and keeps it's shape.

However, I did tweak the recipe around. I find that you do need to finely grind at least 2/3 of the nuts plus use a binder like chickpea puree plus some soya cream. I don't use as much stock as the recipe states.

It's also really delicious cold if you have any leftovers.

Christmas Countdown - 2018

Reactions: KLS52
Oops! I tend to forget where I am!