Veganism and Wildlife Conservation

Rory17

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Hello,
It will be my dad’s birthday in November. I would like to work on getting my family to go vegan. He is an avid birdwatcher so, to meet him where he’s at, I thought I could try getting him a book or film/programme that combines veganism with bird/wildlife conservation. I’d rather be able to actually give him a physical book/programme/film rather than just sending an article…
Do you have any recommendations?
Thank you and have a wonderful day/night!

Hello,
It will be my dad’s birthday in November. I would like to work on getting my family to go vegan. He is an avid birdwatcher so, to meet him where he’s at, I thought I could try getting him a book or film/programme that combines veganism with bird/wildlife conservation. I’d rather be able to actually give him a physical book/programme/film rather than just sending an article…
Do you have any recommendations?
Thank you and have a wonderful day/night!
Although veganism and wildlife conservation have many things in common, I'm thinking you will be hard to find a bird centric view. Most of the bird/veganism have something to do with chickens/eggs. Non-fiction books and movies about chickens tend to be informative but don't have a vegan message. Maybe the best of that bunch is the doc and book, The Natural History of the Chicken. But I doubt that many viewers of that doc swore off chicken salad at the end of the movie.

There are some great wildlife conservation videos, but I don't see any of them as good gift ideas. Most people just watch them once. Below are some lists of good books and docs.

My recommendation is to maybe get a video to watch with him. For something entirely different and really good, how about “Akashinga: The Brave Ones”. It knocked my socks off. You should be able to stream it.

Than maybe get a bird watchers gift. Both my sisters are bird lovers. From what I can tell, you can't have too many bird feeders in your backyard. (some bird feeders are specialized for different birds) also many bird watchers who have bird feeders don't have a bird bath. In many places, a source of water is important to birds.

----

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
Thanks for recommending Akashinga: The Brave Ones. I enjoyed it. Sad they're needed but also inspiring.

Reactions: Lou