Nutrition & Diet Vegan wholefoods diet sends man's Crohn's disease into remission

That’s good news for the man but I know a long time vegan who was recently diagnosed with Crohn’s. It definitely didn’t help this person. :(

There is such difference between eating a vegan diet and a wfpb diet, no oil, sugar, or salt.
I've been pretty strict with wfpb for about a month at a time before giving in to processed and sweet foods. How I feel is quite startling. I've found processed foods will trigger asthma.I did not previously know that

There is such difference between eating a vegan diet and a wfpb diet, no oil, sugar, or salt.
I've been pretty strict with wfpb for about a month at a time before giving in to processed and sweet foods. How I feel is quite startling. I've found processed foods will trigger asthma.I did not previously know that
I definitely need to tell it to Gala! She's had asthma since her younger years, and now she learned how to minimize the harm. Yesterday(!) she told me that she realized the impact of processed food on her asthma symptoms. But i told her that all is for naught, until she continues eating turkey!:bang: She even started explaining to me the difference (in her opinion) between chicken meat and turkey meat (that turkey "is better and healthier").:pout: The worst thing is that Liza's fat sick MIL, Tamara, joined the talk and said: "Oh yeah, turkey is absolutely different! It's a very lean and dietetic meat!":wtf: I said: "There is no lean and dietetic meat, and white meat is even worse for your health than red meat". She exclaimed: "But if you eat meat with veggies,- then it's very healthy, because veggies - is fiber!":fp: Me: "Isn't it better to eat fiber only??":hmm: But i shut up, looking how she was devouring meat balls, salmon/cheese/mayo rolls, beef tongue, chorizo, salami, cold-boiled pork and eggplant rolls with chesse and mayo.
...I need to talk to Gala (i mean, i always talk to her about it, when i have an opportunity). But what i don't understand,- is why, if she realizes the harm that processed meat has on her health,- then why she doesn't realizes the harm that meat in general causes?? Plus, she seemed very happy, listening how Tamara was "singing her song" about the benefits of turkey. ...Indeed, "People love to hear good things about their bad habits".:bang:

I knew a vegan with Crohn's and she had to avoid gluten as well as being plant based.

That must be a bit tricky.

This was 20 years ago that I worked with her so it must have been much harder back then. You can get a lot of gluten free stuff these days. A lot of the GF breads contain egg though, rather annoyingly.

This was 20 years ago that I worked with her so it must have been much harder back then. You can get a lot of gluten free stuff these days. A lot of the GF breads contain egg though, rather annoyingly.

I've noticed that all the GF food is very expensive.:rolleyes: I would consider making my own bread and bakes if I were to go GF.:)

If you're wfpb it's really not difficult to exclude gluten, as you wouldn't be looking for GF foods, but instead eating whole plant foods.
I came to realize I'd not eaten gluten as I was experimenting with other grains, and not used bread. Soaked buckwheat and chia, guino, sweet potato, millet--those are the kinds of things that are used to make flatbreads for a wfpb diet

The problem people face in being gluten free seems to be buying pre made foods, and looking for subsitutes. I certainly find it 100% times easier than dairy products, and I have no reason to give up gluten! :rolleyes:

Reactions: Val
I would be very depressed if I had to give up gluten as well as being vegan. I love bread, especially! I thought I might have coeliac disease a while back and was very relieved when the test came back negative.:)

The GF pastas are okay. I can't even tell the difference.

I would be very depressed if I had to give up gluten as well as being vegan. I love bread, especially! I thought I might have coeliac disease a while back and was very relieved when the test came back negative.:)

The GF pastas are okay. I can't even tell the difference.

I'd rather have bread than than cake. :p

Reactions: PTree15
OMG...I just realized we have a spoiler option. I no longer have to go back and find a spoiler to copy because I can never remember how to do it!

Reactions: PTree15