Vegan ways to eat pickle?

SummerRain

I dreamed that God would be forgiving.
Reaction score
Hey guys! I need some vegan help, I love pickle (as in, Branston pickle or chutneys, not as in pickled onions... well I love them too but that's not what I mean!) but I just really struggle to think of vegan ways to eat it. The only way I used to eat it was in cheese and pickle sandwiches, or with cheese and crackers... or something else using cheese.

How do you guys eat pickle? :D

Out of the jar with a spoon :p

Well, not really. It's nice on the occasional salad, and I put it in vegan cheese and pickle sandwiches... that's about it, really. Not very adventurous.

salad,crackers, sammidge, as a dip, on curry (my dad has Mango chutney with his curry) on a baked potato with some 'cheese' or beans. On top of beans on toast...

Open mouth... insert pickle... haha.
My omni boyfriend buys pickled mango from the Indian market and he likes it on sandwiches, or with eggs and toast. As a vegan alternative, you could probably have it with tofu scramble, or on a fried tofu sandwich, possibly with hummus. I bet it would also be tasty on a veggie/bean burger.

Out of the jar with a spoon :p

That is how I genuinely eat it now... :D

salad,crackers, sammidge, as a dip, on curry (my dad has Mango chutney with his curry) on a baked potato with some 'cheese' or beans. On top of beans on toast...

:) I love mango chutney and other indian pickles with curry, but I'm not sure Branston would be the same! On a baked potato sounds good though. I also think with a bean burger sounds really good.

Thanks guys! Keep 'em comming :p

I make this cheeze and it spreads well and makes a good cheeze and marmite on crackers so i imagine would work the same for cheeze and pickle.

1/2 cup (soaked if you don't have a high powdered blender) cashews
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1/2 cup non dairy milk.
dash onion powder
1 tiny clove garlic (optional)
2 TB fresh squeezed lemon juice
2 tsp wholegrain mustard like grey poupon

Blend in a blender or food processor until smooth. Is really nice and tangy like cheddar.