Vegan video from 1976 - An interesting look at the past

Werewolf Girl

Forum Legend
Reaction score

Note that there are no animals shown in the programme, apart from a short film very near the end where a calf is taken away from its mother and driven away in a van.
The film was originally shown on the BBC as part of the Open Door series.
Now it's a historical look back at vegans of the 1970's.
Half hour programme explaining case for veganism from 1976. Arguments presented apply even more to today's world. Make sure you watch all three parts.

I love how retro all the people are in this video! :p

It's great to hear all the stories of the people who have been vegan for such a long time, and it's interesting that so much of the arguments were the same then as they are today. Also, all the retro vegan food at the end is really neat to see. We've come a long way in the vegan cheese department.

Reactions: Second Summer
1976! That's the year I was born. I can imagine it must have been difficult back then. Interesting videos, thanks for sharing.

That was an extremely interesting video. I'm impressed at how accurate the information was, especially the emphasis on B12.

I wonder if those people are all still vegan...

Haha! I watched all three, and the address for the Vegan Society given at the end was Leatherhead, Surrey.
:im:

Wow, it's hard to believe not more people became vegan back then. I wonder if a lot of people saw this.