Vegan vacations

kim1984

Forum Practitioner
Reaction score
http://www.vegvoyages.com

Found this website online while trying to find vegan restaurants for an upcoming trip we are planning. Thought it was pretty neat that there's a company out there specifically organizing vegan vacations for people - takes the stress out of planning, for sure.

I think it would be interesting to use a service like this at some point - what do you think of this sort of concept?

http://www.vegvoyages.com

Found this website online while trying to find vegan restaurants for an upcoming trip we are planning. Thought it was pretty neat that there's a company out there specifically organizing vegan vacations for people - takes the stress out of planning, for sure.

I think it would be interesting to use a service like this at some point - what do you think of this sort of concept?

A good idea for people who don't want to plan a thing and are happy to follow an itinerary and are okay to have no freedom to do what they want. It's not a trip for me as I have been on these kind of trips with groups and while food won't be an issue, there are always clashes with people in your group. For $2500 for 14 days in Thailand you can live on an island for about 4-5 months. It's an expensive vacation and for all the small print, not really worth it. I like to choose where I stay and where to eat.

A good idea for people who don't want to plan a thing and are happy to follow an itinerary and are okay to have no freedom to do what they want. It's not a trip for me as I have been on these kind of trips with groups and while food won't be an issue, there are always clashes with people in your group. For $2500 for 14 days in Thailand you can live on an island for about 4-5 months. It's an expensive vacation and for all the small print, not really worth it. I like to choose where I stay and where to eat.

Oh I absolutely hear you about the clashes with personalities on group tours - I've only been on a couple of things like that and while I've made some great friends too, it's never like you get along with everyone (and in fact sometimes other people can just be downright annoying or inconsiderate!)

I just thought it was a bit of an interesting concept - probably not for me, ultimately at the end of the day, because I also like dictating my own length of staying in one place too rather than being bound by what a group is doing!