Vegan Summer Fete

lucky_charm

Forum Senior
Reaction score
It would have been a long journey for me but I can't anyway as I'll be in Verona. Looks great though, hope anyone who goes has a good time.

Muggle

Forum Legend
Reaction score
That's the bank holiday weekend isn't it?

Can't go. No way can I take time off work over the summer bank holiday, we'll be completely full.

Pirate

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
Did anyone go in the end?
I did! It was fun, but tiny. I would have been pretty disappointed if I'd travelled for any longer than I did as there was so much less than usual. Everything was basically in one room, and there were only a handfull of stalls. similar to a real fete I guess. Im not saying its a bad thing, its different, but if Id travelled from the other side of the country id be a little annoyed to have finished in an hour. Ive eaten too many cupcakes, I feel sick uuuurggghhhh!

OP
OP
IamJen

IamJen

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
It did sound like it was going to be small and cozy. I wasn't keen to take bean out to something all day, possibly in the rain (major thunderstorms here today...we even lost power for like 2 minutes!). I would've loved to been at Ms. Cupcake's presentation though. I wonder when the Midlands Event is.

http://www.veganmidlands.org.uk/festival/home.html
27th of October the site tells me in giant neonish Geocities circa 1998 letters. :p

(not disparaging the event, just the site design...there was a big to-do about this last year on VB, so please don't be offended anyone reading this)

SummerRain

I dreamed that God would be forgiving.
Reaction score
^ Gah garish!

What was it like last year, did anyone go? How big was it? I might be busy that weekend anyway I have a lot going on in October, but I have a vegan fayre/festival craving.

Reactions: IamJen
OP
OP
IamJen

IamJen

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
Summerrain, I was feeling that too. Nice to go somewhere with lots of vegan-friendliness. (plus loads of samples, heh)

Reactions: SummerRain

SummerRain

I dreamed that God would be forgiving.
Reaction score
Yeah, vegan friendliness is brilliant, and free samples give you an idea of what vegan products are worth buying and which aren't without costing a fortune. I feel out of the loop! Although of course there is the VV product thread :D