UK Vegan spreads

LeadHatter

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Flexitarian
What’s your favourite vegan margarine or spread. I hear sunflower oils are not so good for you.

Instead of spreads would a drizzle of olive oil be better than margarine?

What spread do you use and consider most healthy?

Not sure about the health of it but I use the sunflower spread from Aldi. 69p and is really good. Melts nice on toast and tastes nice. I used to use pure. Not sure what oils are in that.

Waitrose own brand or Flora. Plant based spreads in the UK usually taste good and are quite inexpensive. It`s the contrary over here
in the US as I find them very salty and very expensive.

I don’t know how healthy it is but the most delicious, imo, is Miyokos butter…most like dairy. I used to think earth balance was good until I tried Miyokos. Now I only use EB for baking.

There is a vegan I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter that might be lowest in calories/fat but I never really compared nutritional info. It tastes ok but more like margarine than butter.

Reactions: PTree15 and Lou
I don’t know how healthy it is but the most delicious, imo, is Miyokos butter…most like dairy. I used to think earth balance was good until I tried Miyokos. Now I only use EB for baking.

There is a vegan I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter that might be lowest in calories/fat but I never really compared nutritional info. It tastes ok but more like margarine than butter.

LOL this is in the UK section. BTW I find EB far too salty and have found a spread that tastes better and is far less saltier. It`s made with cashew and coconut and I found it at Sprout`s.

Reactions: PTree15
LOL this is in the UK section. BTW I find EB far too salty and have found a spread that tastes better and is far less saltier. It`s made with cashew and coconut and I found it at Sprout`s.
Oops haha. It’s a huge flaw of mine, knowing which section I’m in. I figure, easy enough to just ignore me when I mess up lol.

I didn’t notice the salty taste of EB until I tasted Miyokos. I used to like unsalted dairy butter and often made my own. I found an unsalted Miyokos but unfortunately I didn’t like it. I found it to be sour which was kind of odd. But I just sprinkled a few grains of salt after spreading it on toast and that did the trick.

Of course, I was at the store the other day and needed more Miyokos and guess what I grab…the unsalted one. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15