Survey Vegan research project survey

Jason Taylor

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Hello, my name is Jason Taylor and I'm currently a college student in the process of writing a research paper on the topic of a Vegan Lifestyle. Although my knowledge on the subject is limited, I picked this topic to do nothing but further my knowledge in the area of being Vegan. I have a few survey questions listed below that I would love to get some responses to. I turn to a message board only due to the fact that with my busy schedule it is difficult to go out a gather information in my community. I appreciate the time you take to help me out. Thank you!

1) Age

2) Gender Pref.

3) How old were you when you decided to go Vegan?

4) What made you decide to make this decision?

5) How long have you been Vegan for?

6) Have you ever experienced any sort of health problems related to a Vegan eating lifestyle?

7) If so, explain if you feel comfortable.

8) Short summary of positive benefits from a Vegan lifestyle you have experienced.

9) Short summary of negative benefits from a Vegan lifestyle you have experienced.

You do not have to answer all or with great detail, I appreciate anything and all helps.

Hi Jason,

I have seen your name pop up as being on line and see that you have not yet received any replies. :(

I don’t know how much advice you have been given about devising surveys but could I offer a few pointers?

The last survey attempt I could find with a layout similar to yours was by V-Fitness, Oct 8, 2016. It received only one reply. It was not easy to give quick responses and any replies would be in the public domain.

Have you looked at the approach used in other surveys on the forum with tick boxes? I don’t know how many responses they get but I do know that feedback to contributors with survey results or even a little post-event thankyou are as rare as hen’s teeth! I personally rarely respond.

Long ago a very wise person once said that if you want a job doing then give it to a busy man. I would suggest that you get off your butt and out into your community with your survey for results that would not have the 100% bias of a vegan forum.

It could be rewritten along the lines of public perceptions. It could include, “What percentage of the public do you think look upon vegans as being a bit strange?”

Then you could come back to us with a brief resume of your initial findings and ask for our written comments. If you did it that way it would not be a survey and you would probably get away with a posting in the general section which produces much more traffic than the ads section. Also people would see that you had put in an effort and would respond positively. :)

Roger.

Last edited:
1) Age - 28

2) Gender Pref. - Female

3) How old were you when you decided to go Vegan? - 28

4) What made you decide to make this decision? - Mainly ethical reasons. The inhumane torture that animals have to endure to satiate the human population. Health benefits.

5) How long have you been Vegan for? - 9 months

6) Have you ever experienced any sort of health problems related to a Vegan eating lifestyle? - No problems, only benefits so far.

7) If so, explain if you feel comfortable.

8) Short summary of positive benefits from a Vegan lifestyle you have experienced. - Increase in clarity, energy, stamina.

9) Short summary of negative benefits from a Vegan lifestyle you have experienced. - Difficulty finding restaurants to dine in rural areas. Slight disconnect with unwilling friends and family who may be unsupportive.

Reactions: Jason Taylor