Vegan Cookbooks

Sometimes I like YouTube videos better. but mostly I find the print versions to be the easiest to implement.

Just discovered Rainbow Plant Life. She has some meal prep ideas I want to try.

She also has a published book, the Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook. My library has it and I put it on hold.

• Informative
Reactions: bEt
Sometimes I like YouTube videos better. but mostly I find the print versions to be the easiest to implement.

Just discovered Rainbow Plant Life. She has some meal prep ideas I want to try.

She also has a published book, the Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook. My library has it and I put it on hold.
Nisha Vora? I got that a while ago and it didn't appeal. If you make things from it I'd love reviews!
Like the Field Roast cookbook. People reviewed recipes and they just dont appeal. I don't ever 'make' recipes, but use them as suggestions
Vegan Under Pressure by Jill Nussinow gave me a lot of great ideas!

• Informative
Reactions: bEt
Nisha Vora? I got that a while ago and it didn't appeal. If you make things from it I'd love reviews!
Like the Field Roast cookbook. People reviewed recipes and they just dont appeal. I don't ever 'make' recipes, but use them as suggestions
Vegan Under Pressure by Jill Nussinow gave me a lot of great ideas!
I got it and had to return it already.

It did have most of the recipes I already know but it also had recipes for thing that I didn't even know I wanted.
Plus it has a lot of good general info on InstanPots. It also has lots of pretty pictures.
Two Thumbs Up.

I'm probably going to check it out again.

Reactions: PTree15 and bEt
This one sounds good. I'll check to see if its in my library.

Oh, that's a first.
My library only has it in E-book from. and it was checked out. but the message told me to try Hoopla.
I used all my Hoopla borrows on audio books this month.
I wrote a reminder to get it on March 1
I"ll let you know what I think.
It IS getting really good reviews, too.

totally forgot about this one.

Just borrowed it from Hoopla

Just got The Herbivorous Butcher cookbook from my library--you know, from Aubry & Kale Walch from MN vegan butchery!
It's a beautiful hardcover, full of pictures. Recipes are straightforward, and suggest subs where needed
I guess I was kinda disappointed in the seitan recipes, but maybe just because I've been making my own for so long. They didn't offer me anything new, but definitely solid recipes
There is a wealth of other recipes, with and without seitan, as well as interesting condiments

1668620256881.png

• Informative
book.jpg

327737992_497496295841015_6900973998405960231_n.jpg

329050319_579720867368041_6424759984032808768_n.jpg

Vegans Deserve Better Than a Fruit Salad is an informative, humorous, idea-inspiring cookery book like no other.

Inspired by classical and iconic desserts from the UK and abroad, it covers the main fields of pastry – buffets, plated desserts, petits fours, birthdays… Classical English desserts will have a place of honour. A modern twist will bring them to the front of stage, from an Eton Mess to a sticky toffee pudding.

A special attention is brought to the basics of vegan pastry too often neglected in the existing vegan cooking literature: sponges, creams, pastries, meringues, chocolate…

It also contains a quite exhaustive review of the main vegan substitutes in pastry (eggs and dairy replacers, thickeners, sweeteners…)

Definitely one of the few cookbooks treating of Vegan Pastry with a professional approach, accessible to anyone.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
I get a lot of my vegan cookbooks from BookBub. When an author has a new cookbook coming out, they will sell one of their older cookbooks (e-book version) for $1.99. If I like the author's cookbooks, I will buy them used on Amazon.

I have made the mistake of buying expensive cookbooks without checking them out first. It is worth $2 to avoid an expensive $30 mistake.

I have found some good ones on BookBub. And some vegan e-books have a few good recipes, but not enough to interest me in purchasing the hardcover version. I live in a small apartment, and space is at a premium.

Vegan cookbooks are pretty rare coming up on BookBub, so you need to check a couple times a week.

I picked up Bittman's Leafy Greens and Sara Spreckel's Plant Based Cooking for Two last month on BookBub for $1.99 each.

I got this digital download cookbook for $10 and just the steak medallions and corned beef recipe are worth the price! Many more recipes though

There are numerous vegan cookbooks available that offer a wide range of delicious and nutritious plant-based recipes. Here are a few popular ones that you might find helpful and inspiring:
1. "Thug Kitchen: - This cookbook combines humor and flavorful vegan recipes, providing a fun and accessible approach to plant-based cooking.
2. "Oh She Glows Cookbook" by Angela Liddon - Angela Liddon shares a collection of vibrant and innovative vegan recipes that are both nourishing and delicious.
3. "Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook" by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero - This comprehensive cookbook contains over 250 vegan recipes, ranging from everyday meals to entertaining dishes.