Vegan Cookbooks

I like to use coconut cream in my baking. Mixed results.

I will try again with plain flour as the recipe states and report back!

I would also advise using the cup measure system instead of converting into weight (every time I tried to convert, recipes came out wrong. I caved and bought a cheap cup measuring set). One cup is roughly 235ml - you could use a jug if you don't have cup measures.

The batter was very milk....more runny than drop consistancy, there were probably lots of contributing factors.
They tasted awful too.
How long do you let the milk/vingar sit?

I let it sit for about 10 minutes - usually just while I'm making the rest of the mix. It is a little runnier than we would expect cake mixture to be (it horrified my boyfriend's mum before I put the cupcakes in the oven), but they always come out really well in the end :)

Ok thanks.
It was more like a cake batter than any other recipes Ive used. Thats why i was so gutted!
Any recommendations for measuring cups?

Cool. i want one thats right for the job...but not too pricey as I am still in protest about using American sizes :p

I let it sit for about 10 minutes - usually just while I'm making the rest of the mix. It is a little runnier than we would expect cake mixture to be (it horrified my boyfriend's mum before I put the cupcakes in the oven), but they always come out really well in the end :)

This really scared me when I started vegan baking too! I used to add flour until it looked like a normal cake mix, often as much as doubling the flour. It actually turned out quite nice, stodgy but yummy. But one time I was brave and didn't do that and they turned out light and fluffy. So yeah don't expect it to look like a non-vegan cake mix!

They sell measuring cups everywhere. There are tonnes on amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=measuring+cups :)

Reactions: Alice-Bee
I would also recommend using American measuring cups instead of trying to convert an American recipe.

I've tried converting a few English recipes into American measurements, and the results were not that good. When cookbooks get officially converted, it's usually not an exact conversion- the measurements are usually adjusted a bit to make it work out.

I pretty much only stick to American recipes, or officially converted cookbooks now. (Unless it's something easy, like a pasta dish where the only thing in grams is the dry pasta, and then I can guess the ounces by how many servings are in the final dish.)

Reactions: Alice-Bee
It sound's delicious! I'll try it at home.Indeed my family would love this new recipe that I've found.
thanks for sharing..
looking forward for more recipes:kitty:

Vegan Yum Yum

I love the Golden Chickpea and Artichoke Salad... and the Picnic Sandwich..

I also like vegan yum yum very much :)

Just got the thrive diet by Brendan Brazier. It's an awful lot of nonsense and he sounds so earnest and weird. Some healthy tasty sounding recipes in it though so I look forward to trying them.