1. Other
300 ml oil
1 tbs lemon juice or cider vinegar
2 tsp French (Dijon) mustard
1/2 tsp salt
freshly ground black pepper (optional)
3 tbls soya milk

Put the soya milk, salt, mustard into a FP. Add the oil, drop by drop until
the mixture starts to thicken. Add the remaining oil gently until thick.
Mix in the lemon juice or cider vinegar and adjust the seasoning.

organic mayonnaise 1.jpg

Reactions: Raven
I just made a homemade veg*n mayo, holy smokes I can hardly tell the difference. I can't say enough good things about this stuff

Ingredients

1 12.3 ounce package firm silken tofu (see note)
  • 1/2 cup raw cashews (about 2 ounces)
  • 3 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon prepared mustard, any variety
  • 1/8 teaspoon granulated onion powder
  • salt to taste
Instructions

1. Drain water from tofu and place it and all other ingredients except salt in a high-speed blender. Blend at highest speed until light and creamy. Add salt to taste and blend again. Seal tightly and keep refrigerated. Stir before each use.
I did use firm tofu being that was the least firm tofu our grocery store had on hand.

Reactions: Raven
I just made a homemade veg*n mayo, holy smokes I can hardly tell the difference. I can't say enough good things about this stuff.

Ingredients

1 12.3 ounce package firm silken tofu (see note)
  • 1/2 cup raw cashews (about 2 ounces)
  • 3 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon prepared mustard, any variety
  • 1/8 teaspoon granulated onion powder
  • salt to taste
Instructions

1. Drain water from tofu and place it and all other ingredients except salt in a high-speed blender. Blend at highest speed until light and creamy. Add salt to taste and blend again. Seal tightly and keep refrigerated. Stir before each use.
I did use firm tofu being that was the least firm tofu our grocery store had on hand.
This sounds like it might be good but how long would something like this last in the fridge?Thanks for posting this!I'd like to try it.:lick:

This sounds like it might be good but how long would something like this last in the fridge?Thanks for posting this!I'd like to try it.:lick:

I have no idea how long it will last, I guess I will find out. :p The recipe's author did say she tried freezing and defrosting the "mayo" and it came out a little less fluffy but tasting the same.

I have no idea how long it will last, I guess I will find out. :p The recipe's author did say she tried freezing and defrosting the "mayo" and it came out a little less fluffy but tasting the same.

I have created a seperate thread for your Fat Free Mayonnais recipe, as it may be more useful to find in the title section. I hope you don't mind ! :)

The product will keep as long as the fresh ingredient which is the silken tofu. I would say for at least 6 days if it is kept covered in the fridge.