Vegan low-carb meals

AnnaTheTurtle

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I was a member here ages ago under a different name (which I forgot) and remembered the forum when our esteemed admin asked if he could link to my blog here.

I have complicated health problems including diabetes, and by far the healthiest diet for me is low-carb and (relatively) high-fat. Of course, LCHF vegan food is about as abundant as baby unicorn tears.

Will you all throw ideas at me? Meals, snacks, anything at all. I'm aiming for <50g carbs a day which is teeny tiny.

On my list so far I have:
- Aubergine/eggplant moussaka
- Tofu scramble
- Vegetable batons with vegan cream cheese dip or peanut butter (I don't like hummus, unfortunately for me!)
- Dal
- Vegetable curries
- Nuts
- Peanut butter on a spoon... don't judge
- Stir fry
- Chilli non carne
- Quinoa salad with avocado, tomatoes, and spinach

Beyond that, I'm kind of floundering. All my go-to meals are carb based. Help?

Hi there!
First thing that comes to mind is like vegetable curry - simmer veggies with coconut milk and curry and something like garbanzos, tofu, tempeh, kidney beans
Heck you can add coconut or coconut milk to lots of things.
I guess it's good you avocado!
I use walnuts in lots of things, nut loaves are delicious! A favorite candy is to melt dark chocolate chips and mix in walnuts and drop on wax paper
Of course you can use strips of zucchini or eggplant for tofu ricotta roll ups, or lasagna
there's many recipes using riced cauliflower

Oh, I see I copied many of what you already listed :oops::rolleyes:
Well, glad you're back!

Hello there @AnnaTheTurtle if that is your real name :)

You mentioned nuts and peanut butter, but I suppose any nut butters (cashew, hazelnut, ...) as well as seeds and tahini would be high in proteins and fat. There are also plant milks made from nuts.

I too am curious what you think of the PCRM approach to diabetes. Perhaps you've been over this a thousand times and don't feel like explaining it again. But I'm still curious! How can high fat be good for anyone?

All kinds of soups and stews.

Zucchini and carrots, cut into ribbons and very lightly stir fried or steamed, make excellent substitutions for pasta in all kinds of pasta based dishes. So does spaghetti squash. Also, if you go to a Chinese market, you can find tofu in the form of "noodles."