Vegan Lip Scrub

AmyQuotb

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
So I've been suffering from dry, chapped lips my whole life. Finding a lip balm that actually works was easy before I turned vegan. Now it's almost impossible especially that I live in a country where veganism is new and rare. Anyway, when I traveled I purchased some vegan sticks. But being winter, I was told a weekly scrub/peel would do my lips good. I found this recipe online and will try it this week. If anyone tries it, too, drop a review on your experience and let's share :)
Source: DIY – Yummy Vanilla Lip Scrub Recipes You’ll Fall In Love With - BeautyGlimpse
Screenshot_20201228-125846_Gallery.jpg

I've always used sugar as a face scrub, brown being milder but white easier to keep in a shaker. I've only mixed it with lotion.
Sugar works great to work around your lips and keeps them fresh looking. No need for honey, as it's not vegan, or any syrup.
I used to use coconut oil-- a contact case is perfect to store it in, and can be tinted with colors, either veg colorings, or beets!

I have gotten sensitive to coconut oil on my face though, so I quit using it

Yep. Love a good sugar scrub with coconut oil.

For my body I sometimes do a coffee scrub (50% coffee, 50% sugar, coconut oil) which helps with dry skin and even cellulite! ...temporarily of course. 😋