Vegan Lasagna

Dougrus

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
This came out great. I used my own marinara sauce though (with the beans) and Follow Your Heart mozzarella shreds. When I make again I plan to back off the 1/2 cup of nooch. Id say more like 1/4 cup would be better. The "ricotta" is also really good as a dipping sauce heated up.

• 👍
Reactions: Emma JC and shyvas

Emma JC

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
The great thing about lasagna is that you can put almost everything you like in the layers.

I made one a while ago that had sweet potato, eggplant, mushrooms, onions, zucchini, cauliflower, roasted red peppers, white kidney beans, roasted garlic, spinach, olives etc. It was deep and delicious and had no processed cheeses or nuts. Didn't even have nooch as it was back when I first heard of Dr Esselstyn and so it was all whole foods.

Emma JC

Emma JC

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
speaking of lasagna, this video just popped up on my YouTube feed and although I don't think I would cook lasagna in my iPot, it is a good idea - what I really liked was her tofu vegan ricotta cheese and I will definitely be making that! I have never watched her before so I will add her to my list of YouTubers.

Emma JC

• 👍
Reactions: Dougrus

Dougrus

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I think I will try that approach. The motz crumbles really didnt add any taste to it to speak of, just a little stretchiness. The cashew and tofu cream added a lot of body to it so I think I will use that again. I think roasted veg would work perfectly to create that depth you speak of. Plan to give it another go soon. Still getting through the leftovers on the first attempt....was much better fresh but works for quick lunch. I have been experimenting with different takes on marinara w/veg (spinach, squash etc) as I have a ton of tomato sauce I need to use soon in the freezer left over from August and that has been fun past couple days.

• 👍
Reactions: Emma JC
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Lounge 3
V Products 3
C Ads 0
wonderfularizona Philosophy 20
M Ads 4