Product Vegan Italian soups cookbook

Veganismo

Forum Novice
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I recently published my vegan Italian soups cookbook on Amazon. Usually, the eBook version sells for $2.99 and the paperback for $12.99. For the next several days I am offering the eBook for 99 cents. I would love to receive feedback on the book, the recipes, or anything else.

It is a relatively short book around 80 pages with 30 hand-picked vegan Italian soups. My goal was to locate, test, modernize, and present Italian soups that do not require substitution or omission to be vegan, hence the title:

"Accidently Vegan Italian Soups: Simple versions of 30 forgotten Italian soups that always were and always will be vegan."

Here is the link:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0899FLYXN

Here is the book description from Amazon:

This cookbook contains an introduction to traditional vegan Italian soup making including how to make the perfect soffritto and brodo. Then, ingredients, photos, and procedures for making simple yet traditional versions of 30 vegan Italian soups are presented including sbroscia (the "table scrap" soup from Northern Italy), bordatino pisano (the 10th century maritime soup), maccu (the delightful Sicilian fava bean and fennel soup), zuppa del contadino (farmer's soup), zuppa di zucca e castagne (pumpkin and chestnut soup), zuppa di lenticchie rosse (red lentil soup), ciambotta (vegetable stew,) maccu di San Giuseppe (Saint Joseph's soup), zuppa di patate, porri, e funghi (potato, leek, and mushroom soup), pappa al pomodoro (tomato and bread soup), and 20 more. Enjoy!

Here is a sample recipe:

Zuppa di Patate, Porri, e Funghi (Potato, Leek, and Mushroom Soup)

An incredibly simple soup that lets the natural flavors of the leeks and mushrooms shine through, this is perfect for a cold winter day. The bit of citrus juice added at the end brightens up what could otherwise be an overly earthy soup. A nice garnish is funghi trifolati, or “mushrooms prepared as you would prepare truffles,” which is to say fried in olive oil with garlic and parsley. Simply slice a few mushrooms and fry them in a tablespoon of olive oil at medium heat for 5 minutes or so until they begin to nicely brown, and then toss in some parsley and garlic and fry for another minute. If you do not have an immersion blender, you can blend the soup in a food processor, simply break up the potatoes with a potato masher, or even just whisk vigorously.

View attachment DSC_0395.jpg

Ingredients (6 large servings)

3 tablespoons olive oil + 1 tablespoon for drizzling

3 leeks, white and light green parts only, peeled, sliced thinly, and rinsed well

2 potatoes (yellow or whichever you have), peeled and diced

4 cups diced mushrooms (porcini, cremini, or any non-dried mushrooms)

1 tablespoon thyme leaves

4 cups vegetable stock

Juice of ½ lemon or lime

Salt and pepper to taste

Procedures

Add the leeks, potatoes, mushrooms, thyme, and a pinch of salt to a soup pot with the 3 tablespoons of olive oil on medium-low heat.

2. Fry, stirring a few times, for 10 minutes until the mixture begins to dry.

3. Add the vegetable stock and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.

4. Turn off the heat and blend soup with an immersion blender until thickened but with small pieces of vegetable remaining.

5. Add the lemon or lime juice, taste, and add salt and pepper as desired.

6. Ladle into bowls and drizzle with the reserved olive oil.

Thanks for reading!

Forgot to mention that the sale is only active in the U.S. When the U.S. price goes back to normal in a few days I will do the same thing in the U.K.

Thanks!

My book is now on sale for .99 pounds in the UK (USA sale is over, but it's still a bargain at 2.99). The UK sale will last for 6 more days, then the price for the Kindle (eBook) edition returns to 2.44 pounds.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Just viewed on kindle unlimited. Love both books! The recipes look delicious and easy. Will be cooking today. I especially enjoy how you talk to the reader. Not your average cookbook.