Vegan household and beauty products?

HannahBanana

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hello!

A few months ago I decided to go from vegetarian to vegan - I'm absolutely loving my new diet!!

I have totally cut animal food products out with no problems, but I am struggling a bit with finding replacement products for some of my household cleaning products, and beauty products.

Does anyone have any UK recommendations?

Thanks so much in advance!

Hannah X

Hi Hannah. If you do a search for 'make up' or 'cosmetics' here on the forum you will find several threads with UK-based suggestions.

BioD is excellent for home cleaning. http://www.biodegradable.biz/

I'm glad you like your new diet so much ;)

Reactions: Lou
Just checked out their website which looks amazing - will definitely be trying the lavender laundry liquid!! Thanks a bunch X

Reactions: winter.frost
Just checked out their website which looks amazing - will definitely be trying the lavender laundry liquid!! Thanks a bunch X
Hi, if you’re still looking for beauty products check out Arbonne! I started using them before I knew they were even vegan! Consultant name Claire Elrick.

I use just vinegar, water, and a drop of dish soap. in a spray bottle. baking soda...
Honest Company, Alevea, and Method are Vegan and/or cruelty-free as well.

As for make up, I use E.L.F but there are many different brands too.

I LOVE RMS for makeup - especially their 'un-coverup'! Available from Lookfantastic (and they always seem to do good special offers that keep me coming back!). Cleaning products, i tend to just use Apple cider vinegar or Ecover but would love to find out more or make my own. Im currently in Spain and its a nightmare trying to find anything that is 'natural'

Hello!

A few months ago I decided to go from vegetarian to vegan - I'm absolutely loving my new diet!!

I have totally cut animal food products out with no problems, but I am struggling a bit with finding replacement products for some of my household cleaning products, and beauty products.

Does anyone have any UK recommendations?

Thanks so much in advance!

Hannah X
For cleaning products you can make some of your own cleaning solutions from items like lemon juice, white vinegar, peroxide, essential oils etc. try doing an online search for "diy cleaning products recipes." Youtuber Sophie Uliano has a lot of info about this subject. The best part of this is you know what's in the products and you save a lot of money too. Hope this helps.

I have just joined Tropic Skincare which is a fantastic animal cruelty free, vegan and natural skin/body care and makeup range! No chemicals are used at all so all very healthy for your skin. It is a great alternative for those looking for a way to still feel pampered and beautiful without using those products who do not believe in those concepts above! Please feel free to drop me a reply or message if you're interested!

But if you're not a talker, the website is www.tropicskincare.co.uk/shop/katiehart

:)

Hi, try to search for a local store that offers refills. I'm in Glasgow, we have a great store round the corner from me that stocks vegan and cruelty free soaps, shampoos and cleaning products and you can refill your bottles. Helps to reduce plastic waste.

Hello Hannah,
I'm using Naveen addresschic cosmetic products which are
100% cruelty-free completely vegan Sustainable and Green
Halal and organic certified
this product helped me a lot while transforming into a vegan.

I can't really find a good eyeshadows from a vegan brand. Any suggestions? But in terms of skincare I like all types of natural oils/serums. (Virginic has pretty decent ones)

I can't really find a good eyeshadow from a vegan brand. Any suggestions? But in terms of skincare, I like all types of natural oils/serums. (Virginic has pretty decent ones)
Naveen’s all-natural and luxurious Rose Firming Eye Cream simultaneously smoothens fine lines, strengthens delicate eye
area and combats dark circles for brighter, younger-looking eyes. With a potent cocktail of botanical extracts and anti-oxidants such as certified organic olive fruit oil, rose damascene flower water oil and algae this beautiful eye cream melts into skin with ease and penetrates the skin cells allowing the skin to breathe for added brightness. It leaves skin plumped and perfectly prepped for makeup. It’s the perfect formula for those looking for delaying and protecting the development of fine lines, crow’s feet and another tell-tale sign of aging.
5_naveen_rose_firming_eye_cream_organic_eye_cream_-_certified_organic_skincare.jpg

http://www.addresschic.com/beauty/skin-care/rose-firming-eye-cream.html

Astonish cleaning products - you can find them in poundshops and maybe supermarkets?

You made the right decision. You can use Astonish cleaning products for the household. Its pretty good, I believe they provide cookware cleaner, oven cleaner etc. For beauty items, You can check out our vegan cruelty free beauty products which is suitable for almost all kind of skin type. These have No Parabens, Sulfates, Phthalates or Glutens

Hello...new here to the forum...but thought I could contribute...
For houshold cleaning...I know they have some good books on Amazon that are geared towards green cleaning for your house.

And as for skin care...I personally use apple cider vinegar diluted in spring water to cleanse and tone my face every morning and have noticed how it refreshes and stimulates my skin. I just squirt it onto a cotton pad and swipe my skin and I'm done. For moisturizing...I use olive oil and add in some geranium, lavender, and patchouli essential oils @ 12 drops per oz. Of olive oil. They have recipes online for the apple cider vinegar face toner.
Hope you found my advice useful...😉

Reactions: Lou and Emma JC
I use Superdrug's (UK) own brand for deodorant and facial creams. I also buy nearly all of my cosmetics as they have many vegan and 'Leaping Bunny' (cruelty free) brands.