UK Vegan Friendly Towns

Nothing for Cleveland Ohio :wtf:Guess I'll have to help :yes:
ETA- looks just for EU :D

Last edited:
I don't quite get it why the author is surprised that Brighton is first. I thought it would be first even before clicking on the article. It's a relatively small city, with many progressive (not just dietary, but in general) young people living there, so in my mind it makes sense that a strong vegan community exists there. If you are a vegan living in Brighton it feels like heaven eating out. So many cuisines and so much variety.

I do not know very much about Brighton, but I am aware that Vegetarian Shoes, one of the very first shops to deliberately produce vegan-friendly shoes, is based there.

I wonder how many places they selected from? Personally I'd have placed Manchester at or near the top. Brighton has never appealed to me, though I remember ordering some vegetarian shoes from said company about twenty-five years ago.

Hmm, from googling I understand that the scores mean that 42% of the Zizzi customers in Brighton are vegan. That is quite impressive! It's been a while since I visited Brighton, but it was nice enough.
I do not know very much about Brighton, but I am aware that Vegetarian Shoes, one of the very first shops to deliberately produce vegan-friendly shoes, is based there.
Brighton has never appealed to me, though I remember ordering some vegetarian shoes from said company about twenty-five years ago.
Indeed, I've ordered shoes from there more than once and have also visited the brick-and-mortar physical shop once. (However, shopping shoes online is not something I wish to do again - I really need shoes that are comfortable more than anything else, and you can't tell if they are without actually trying them on ....)

Reactions: Val