UK Vegan Restaurants/Eateries

Also, I've been watching Masterchef, and there was a recent episode inside a restaurant opened by a Michelin-starred chef which focuses on vegetables as the main element of dishes. They still serve meat and things, but I looked the menu online and they have clearly marked vegetarian and vegan options, and the food looked incredible. It's called The Grain Store, and I'm gonna go sometime soon as a birthday treat :D I will report back on what is hopefully incredibly fancy foodie vegan noms.

I'd be really interested to see how that goes. It would be interesting to see what that standard of food is like - and if it's really worth the hype/cost. I've bookmarked the restaurant and might check it out as a treat myself some time.

So we went to The Grain Store for lunch yesterday.

And... HOLY CRAP.

The menu selection was decent for vegetarians, and a little slim for vegans, so I didn't get the biggest amount of choice. But they can modify some dishes to be veggie/vegan too, and I managed to get three incredible vegan courses.

I had a wholegrain salad with miso aubergine purée and potato thins, chilli with wild grain rice, and a coconut cream tapioca thing with a banana tuile. It was the poshest chilli I've ever had though! I love having foods that are familiar which have been given some kind of fancy twist. Fiancé had nachos - and by nachos, I mean he had some blue corn crisps with avocado purée, sour cream, chillis, tomatoes and so on. Then he had a butternut squash ravioli with mustard apricots.

I also had an incredible fruit juice drink thing of grape, elderflower and lemongrass, which tasted like a sherbet lemon. And a glass of wine. Fiancé had a tasty local beer.

It was completely amazing, really. I've never had vegan food of that style or standard before, and I loved the experience. The total bill (including drinks) was just over £60, which isn't as high as I was expecting but definitely isn't something we can afford every day :p special occasions only (this was for my upcoming birthday). We both want to go again, though.

Lovely place just outside Shrewsbury , Mytton and Mermaid not a big vegan menu but a very nice one

I'm going to try La Suite West which is located just off Hyde Park for brunch whilst I'm in London. They offer both a vegetarian and vegan option on their breakfast menu . They also provide non dairy milk for hot drinks which makes me happy. Furthermore they have a lovely vegan afternoon tea.

RAW Menu | Healthy Eating Bayswater London | La Suite West Hotel Menus

http://www.lasuitewest.com/upload/docs/brk-menu-march-2015_pdf.pdf

Afternoon Tea Bayswater London | Vegan Afternoon Tea London | Afternoon Tea at La Suite West

Last edited:
I'm going to try La Suite West which is located just off Hyde Park for brunch whilst I'm in London. They offer both a vegetarian and vegan option on their breakfast menu . They also provide non dairy milk for hot drinks which makes me happy. Furthermore they have a lovely vegan afternoon tea.

RAW Menu | Healthy Eating Bayswater London | La Suite West Hotel Menus

http://www.lasuitewest.com/upload/docs/brk-menu-march-2015_pdf.pdf

Afternoon Tea Bayswater London | Vegan Afternoon Tea London | Afternoon Tea at La Suite West

Vegan afternoon tea, you say? Wow, gonna have to check that out. :D The menu sounds delicious!

Anyone been to Leon? We've just been to one in Oxford. It's not a veg*n restaurant, but it is vegan-friendly. We all thought it was really good - it's low budget food that is relatively healthful, at least if you choose wisely. I had some kind of Brazilian black bean dish and a side of crushed peas, both were surprisingly nice. Jen had some kind of sweet potato dish which was also quite nice. Both came with brown rice. I'm not sure the children's menu was quite that good, but the restaurant is child-friendly as it has a play area with toys, and there were tables right next to it.

There's a Leon in Richmond now, and I must say it is nice. Not the cheapest but feels like hearty food. My boyfriend wasn't a fan (hes an omni though his opinion doesnt count ha). I also appreciate the free unlimited tapwater.

Yep, I agree. It's available at the BurgerFi chain here in my area, but it costs $10. I've got it only once because it's too pricey. I could go buy a package of two in the grocery store for less (though still pricey at $6.99) and cook it myself.

I paid around 5 € for a pack of 2 at Whole Foods which isn't too bad considering that they are huge burgers. They are by far the best ones that I've ever tasted.