Vegan Friendly Charities?

Veganorganics

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi everyone,

We own an organic greens powder company. We were looking to incorporate 3 charities into our business model and donate 50% of our net profit to them.

1. Children's Organ Transplant association
  2. Feeding America
  3. Homes for our Troops

A potential problem I see with "Feeding America" is they provide conventional produce, meat & dairy which is not something I agree with but people are starving right now.

Also in regards to "Homes for our Troops" I'm former military so I'm passionate about helping injured vets do the best they can, but I know not everyone has a favorable view of the military.

What's your opinions on these, would you favorably help these charities? Also if you could suggest charities It'd be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Reactions: Lou
I think your charities are fine.
Although people may not be in favor of our military, I don't anyone takes that out on veterans.
the other two are safe bets and well known and that should count for something as far as creating good will.
but if you want some other ideas - check this out

Another thing is maybe consider a smaller charitity where your contributions will make a larger difference. maybe a local animal sanctuary.

The "Lunchbox Fund" provides free vegan meals to children in Africa. Its Board of Directors includes Joaquin Phoenix, the Academy Award winning, vegan actor: Team

The Lunchbox Fund's meals consist of lentils, rice, vegetables, corn, grain porridge, peanut butter, soy mince, and vitamin-fortified "milk": Why Nutrition . The "milk" is non-dairy; the vast majority of African people (and the majority of people worldwide) are lactose-intolerant.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1956 and Lou
The United Nations' World Food Programme is an enormous organization that provides food relief around the world: World Food Program USA.

Although the World Food Programme is not a vegan organization, its donated food items are vegan - typically beans, lentils, rice, flour, fortified cereals, and oil. These foods are inexpensive, nutritious, don't require refrigeration, and are part of the customary diets of the communities being served:

• Informative
Reactions: 1956
Really appreciate the feedback everyone, I'm looking into all your recommendations.

Also, anybody familiar with Givedirectly.org