Aldi-Vegan Food Products

Aldi's vegan

Aldi's vegan no chicken patties are the best I've had - not dry, and flavorful. The locao Aldi is now carrying them as a standard itemitem, for which I'm thankful.
I am excited to try them.

Maybe I’ll try and go once a month and see if my Aldi is getting any better.

Maybe I’ll try and go once a month and see if my Aldi is getting any better.
Aldi has revamped a number of its stores. Maybe yours has not been updated yet. Previously, I thought they looked sort of unorganized and cluttered, but the one I go to near me is quite nice now.

Reactions: KLS52
I just tried the Earth Grown jumbo veggie dogs. They were really good. In fact, too good. I double-checked that I actually picked up vegan hot dogs. :D I will be buying them again.

Reactions: Val
I just tried the Earth Grown jumbo veggie dogs. They were really good. In fact, too good. I double-checked that I actually picked up vegan hot dogs. :D I will be buying them again.
Yes, they are good.

our local Aldi currently has, as a special,buy, an Earth Grown vegan chocolate cake in one of the freezers. I bought one even though I can make one much more cheaply, because I like to encourage them to carry vegan products. Not bad.

This coming week Aldi has what looks like a very decadent vegan chocolate cake! I check an vegan Aldi facebook page and people were saying it's very good- some areas get things earlier.

This week is white mushrooms for .89 and 3 pack yellow and red peppers for 2.29

Reactions: Val and PTree15
Yes, they are good.

our local Aldi currently has, as a special,buy, an Earth Grown vegan chocolate cake in one of the freezers. I bought one even though I can make one much more cheaply, because I like to encourage them to carry vegan products. Not bad.
Cool. I was going to try that cake, too, if they still have it next week.

Guess I’ll have to check my Aldi again, soon. I haven’t been in a few months so maybe they will have some of these cool items. They were sorely lacking last time I was there.

Aldi has revamped a number of its stores. Maybe yours has not been updated yet. Previously, I thought they looked sort of unorganized and cluttered, but the one I go to near me is quite nice now.

Same thing in the stores that I visited in California and the UK. My cousin swore that her local one in the UK looked like Waitrose. :p

Reactions: PTree15
Yes, they are good.

My friend bought this cake for us to try at some point. She's really good about trying and mostly liking the vegan foods I've made even though she's not a veg*n. I shied away from the cake because it was $8, which is actually a decent deal, but I'm on a budget these days. :D If I like it, though, I might splurge. :D

My friend bought this cake for us to try at some point. She's really good about trying and mostly liking the vegan foods I've made even though she's not a veg*n. I shied away from the cake because it was $8, which is actually a decent deal, but I'm on a budget these days. :D If I like it, though, I might splurge. :D

The Aldi cake is a chocolate cake topped with a chocolate tofu mousse. I've been making several versions for years. It is of course, much cheaper to make than to buy the Aldi version.

You can use any chocolate cake recipe you like. This is a super easy one: Notification

The chocolate mousse is really easy. Process a package of firm or extra firm or extra firm tofu in a food processor or blender. Add melted chocolate and sugar to taste. Add vanilla extract. Spread on cooled cake and refrigerate until set.

I bake the cake in two rounds, and make two cakes out of it.

I tend to use less sugar than the recipe calls for, because I like less sweet desserts. I also tend to use Kahlua instead of vanilla in both the cake and the mousse, because I think it enhances the chocolate.

Sometimes I add almond paste to the cake batter. Then I use amaretto instead of vanilla, in both the cake and the mousse.

When strawberries or raspberries are in season, I sprinkle berries on top of the mousse layer. Extra fancy, extra tasty. If you want to make it even fancier, you can drizzle melted chocolate on the mousse layer before adding the berries. The melted chocolate will be darker than the chocolate mousse, and it looks Very Fancy.

Reactions: PTree15
I got the Aldi cake also to be able to review it and encourage vegan items. Very good! I like the mouse topping most of all, and have made that myself in different ways. The way Mischief describes with dark chocolate chips or bakers chocolate is the best!

This week Aldi has medjool dates on sale at $2.99 for a pound! I've bought a lot of dates there and never had a bad package. I love them straight out of the freezer and used as sweetener for so much.
Mangos are .49 cents

The Aldi cake is a chocolate cake topped with a chocolate tofu mousse. I've been making several versions for years. It is of course, much cheaper to make than to buy the Aldi version.

You can use any chocolate cake recipe you like. This is a super easy one: Notification

The chocolate mousse is really easy. Process a package of firm or extra firm or extra firm tofu in a food processor or blender. Add melted chocolate and sugar to taste. Add vanilla extract. Spread on cooled cake and refrigerate until set.

I bake the cake in two rounds, and make two cakes out of it.

I tend to use less sugar than the recipe calls for, because I like less sweet desserts. I also tend to use Kahlua instead of vanilla in both the cake and the mousse, because I think it enhances the chocolate.

Sometimes I add almond paste to the cake batter. Then I use amaretto instead of vanilla, in both the cake and the mousse.

When strawberries or raspberries are in season, I sprinkle berries on top of the mousse layer. Extra fancy, extra tasty. If you want to make it even fancier, you can drizzle melted chocolate on the mousse layer before adding the berries. The melted chocolate will be darker than the chocolate mousse, and it looks Very Fancy.

Oooh, I like the idea of using Kahlua instead of vanilla. I, too, make tofu mousse very similar to your recipe. I tend to use less sugar as well because I like the taste of the chocolate more than the sugar. :D I like the idea of the mousse on top of the cake. Very cool.

Reactions: Val and Mischief
So my friend and I tried the vegan chocolate mousse cake. It was pretty good. My only complaint was that the cake part seemed a little dry. Aside from that, though, the flavor was decent.

I made an Aldi's run today and have noticed that prices have gone up on average 20 cents to 30 cents per item. I wonder whether this is related to the tariffs. I mean, everything is still pretty reasonable, but I did notice the increase on things like snacks and some produce. The iceberg lettuce mix went from 79 cents to $1.19. That was the biggest jump that I saw.

I made an Aldi's run today and have noticed that prices have gone up on average 20 cents to 30 cents per item. I wonder whether this is related to the tariffs. I mean, everything is still pretty reasonable, but I did notice the increase on things like snacks and some produce. The iceberg lettuce mix went from 79 cents to $1.19. That was the biggest jump that I saw.
I certainly noticed that in Fresh Thyme!
I just came from their with whole flaxseeds on my list. They now only have milled and roasted whole flaxseeds!
I was not happy, as they had the best price. I want raw and mill my own!
They must have the oriental frozen veggies on recall. Coworkers said their stores are out too, but still have a spot on shelf :shrug:

A heads up to Aldi shoppers:

This week, Aldi is carrying a lot of vegan specials. In addition to the vegan specials they had last year (potstickers, ice cream, more types of patties than normal, etc.), this year they have ravioli (spinach, and peppers), sour cream, Beyond Meat burgers, plus some other stuff that I probably missed.

(Since last year, my local Aldi has been carrying, as regular items, hot dogs, shredded cheez, cream cheez, assortment of chickenless patties and strips, about half a dozen different flavors of patties, meatless balls, etc.)

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I made a point to go the first day to get the ice cream-I did that the last time and it was sold out by the time I got there after work! This time I got the last chocolate one-and only because it had a dented lid! I'm glad it's selling fast. I didn't like it as it tasted like coconut, even my son tasted it.

Beyond Burgers are selling like crazy, and on sale everywhere now! I got a pack for $3.99 the other day, and now Aldi has them for $4.50. they also had there own Earth fare version.

The sour creme is quite ok, I can see using it in baked potatoes, gravy, maybe ranch dressing....I never used sour creme but it's a lot like there cream cheese, with a taste of the thickeners they use

I went to two Aldi's and both were sold out of the Beyond Burgers. I did pick up the potstickers to try, though. I considered the buffalo chik'n patties, but I passed because I didn't like the regular ones they carry.

I went to two Aldi's and both were sold out of the Beyond Burgers. I did pick up the potstickers to try, though. I considered the buffalo chik'n patties, but I passed because I didn't like the regular ones they carry.
Do you like other chik;n patties, like Boca or Gardien? My meateater son has asked me to specifically buy him the Aldi plain chik;n patties! I have them so rarely, but I do like them, esp on a salad- haven't done that in a long time! Lunch tomorrow! I love warm chik'n pieces on Romaine!
Those potstickers are too pricey and they're better from Asian stores IMO
Wish the ravioli was a whole bag!