Aldi-Vegan Food Products

I received two $25 gift certificates for Aldi from two family members for Christmas! I immediately used one up already today . I got a whole cartload full of stuff including white chocolate and dark chocolate peanut butters for only 99 cents! They are similar to Peanut Butter & Co. products.http://ilovepeanutbutter.com/ The majority of my cart was filled with produce . Their specials this week are baby carrots for 49 cents, celery for 69 cents, multi colored peppers for $1.99, and grape tomatoes for 99 cents. I noticed that they have also started selling a bunch of organic produce. They are also carrying more name brand products like Bolthouse Farms smoothies and Coke products.

I need to go to Aldi more. I know there is one not far from work.

I think there’s one that opened up about 40 minutes from me. I should try to find it.

This week Aldi has lots of new vegan items as specials!
ALDI US - Our Weekly Ads
These aren't in the mail box ad but the one at the store
Probably will only last one week, but a couple months ago they brought out a few Earth Grown items and they sold very well! THey've added buffalo chik'nless patties, potstickers, ranch, ceasar and harissa salad dressings, and brought back vegan cheese shreds and quinoa crunch burgers and meatless balls

Last edited:
Reactions: KLS52
I am always looking in wordless wonder at the awesome vegan options Aldi (which is a chain that originated in Germany and is still headquartered there) offers in all other countries, while in Germany the offering is more or less limited to the produce section and one haphazard box containing a fixed mix of tofu, veggie burgers, veggie cold cuts and veggie sausages. Sometimes a soy-based vanilla and chocolate ice cream and rice milk, but that's it normally :(

I found two locations near enough to me...19 miles and 27 miles. I may try the one a little farther away as it’s on a road with tons of cool stores...like Adams Fairacres Farms. I need a birdbath for my solar fountain pump. :)

Reactions: PTree15
I just found a location that's not far from home. It's in the next town over. I just signed up for the newsletter. :) Thank you for reviving this thread, Mischief. :)

ETA: The store nearest me has veggie potstickers! Happy, happy, happy!!!

Last edited:
I am always looking in wordless wonder at the awesome vegan options Aldi (which is a chain that originated in Germany and is still headquartered there) offers in all other countries, while in Germany the offering is more or less limited to the produce section and one haphazard box containing a fixed mix of tofu, veggie burgers, veggie cold cuts and veggie sausages. Sometimes a soy-based vanilla and chocolate ice cream and rice milk, but that's it normally :(
That's way more than in America! My list were all first time specials that will end and take a long time before any come back. We have soy, almond, and coconut milks and a few burgers

l just tried the vegan ranch. It has a bit too much dill for my liking, but it's creamy and really good. I also got vegan creme cheese. I forget what regular creme cheese is like, but I think it's quite simialr. I liked t more than Trader Joes but l don't care much either way. No meatless balls or chese at mine :(. Those were what I was hoping for. Mine will be under renovation for a while and not getting as much

I went today and bought 13 boxes of the mushroom risotto burgers, which my sister loves, 10 of the barbeque, and five of the Buffalo. From past experience, these are once a year items.

I'll have to go back and see whether I can find the meatballs, potstickers and chese. They tend to put stuff in unexpected places, and I may well have simply overlooked those items.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I ended up at the closer one. Let’s just say I will not be going back there again. So not impressed this one. It looks like it would be great for non-vegetarians/vegans though. I will give the other one a try at some point, as it soinds like they vary from location to location.

I ended up at the closer one. Let’s just say I will not be going back there again. So not impressed this one. It looks like it would be great for non-vegetarians/vegans though. I will give the other one a try at some point, as it soinds like they vary from location to location.

Same here. The Aldi's and Lidl's over here are full of meat and dairy. However, the 3 shops in the UK that I visited are truly impressive. Their fruit and vegetable aisles are amazing. You can also find products such as stevia, maca, wheatgrass, soya and almond milk as well as vegetarian sausages and burgers. They also have a great bakery section at a fraction of the price compared to other food stores.

@MadamSarcastra -- If Aldi isn't out your way you might want to try the ranch dressing. I don't know how much it tastes like ranch, but it has a good bit of dill, is not at all sweet, and creamy-but not like regular ranch thick and creamy.
Someone on the vegan aldi forum thought it more like ceasar, but I don't know ceasar
It's like $2.29

@MadamSarcastra -- If Aldi isn't out your way you might want to try the ranch dressing. I don't know how much it tastes like ranch, but it has a good bit of dill, is not at all sweet, and creamy-but not like regular ranch thick and creamy.
Someone on the vegan aldi forum thought it more like ceasar, but I don't know ceasar
It's like $2.29
I'm trying to stick with just making my own ranch, the sodium level & preservatives of most store-bought stuff is pretty crazy.

And I'm happy with my current choice of grocery store... I get tons of coupons plus gas discounts from Kroger, and they're working toward eliminating their food waste problem... they got a C... Aldi got an F....

I believe there's hope for all, though... but this area will be tough. Keep in mind, my Aldi may not be like your Aldi. ;) LOL

Last edited:
It's so frustrating to hear about others finding lots of things at Aldi. We have two of them and neither has much that I want. They have tons of cereal and peanut butter and odd-lot glassware, though...none of which I buy or need. I stop in once in a while and leave with nothing. Even my meat-eating former bf couldn't find anything at Aldi worth that extra trip. I suspect that each store is wildly different.

We even have a Trader Joe's distribution center here but -- get this -- no TJ's store! So I stick with Publix, some mail-order vegan food, occasional forays to an Asian grocery (where they have extra firm tofu) and a HFS that carries almost no vegan or vegetarian food except boxed stuff that's mostly icky.

(It was easier to find vegan and vegetarian food 15-20 years ago, especially at restaurants. I don't know why. My ex-husband, my son and his family, and other veghead friends agree. And we all live in different places all over the country.)

I went to the Aldi that's in the opposite direction of the one I usually go to, and found cheez shreds, cream cheez, veggie potstickers, meatballs, and tofu. Thanks, @silva for mentioning those items, otherwise I would have missed them, because I wouldn't have known to look for them.

I agree that the cream cheez is better than TJ's (and I like TJ's better than Tofutti's). That was a nice surprise.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
l guess they are very different. Mine is growing and getting renovated, but it still was my favorite store as it was. l've been to Aldis that were much larger with more usual offering and huge produce sections-lots of organics!
I am surprised at their supposed failure to reduce food waste as mine are very good about reducing prices on items going bad BEFORE they're actually bad! Giant Eagle, Marcs, the Produce market - all allow their 'reduced' products to be what I'd thrown on the compost! And my Aldi donates to the food bank. Then of course they have so little waste on anything else, people bringing reusable bags or taking the boxes the items come in.

I can't wait for my Aldi to be renovated! :D

This week at Aldi I got Clancy's wavy potato chips (10. 0z bag) for 89 cents each! They are usually $1.79 each, so I stocked up (4 bags, haha). I am having a family Christmas party, so these will be great. I saw the meatless balls, but I didn't get them because I wanted to try to the vegan chik'n patties and the burger-like veggie burgers.

Aldi's vegan
This week at Aldi I got Clancy's wavy potato chips (10. 0z bag) for 89 cents each! They are usually $1.79 each, so I stocked up (4 bags, haha). I am having a family Christmas party, so these will be great. I saw the meatless balls, but I didn't get them because I wanted to try to the vegan chik'n patties and the burger-like veggie burgers.
Aldi's vegan no chicken patties are the best I've had - not dry, and flavorful. The locao Aldi is now carrying them as a standard itemitem, for which I'm thankful.

Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15