EU Vegan couple from Italy!

Chiara & Fabio

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hello everybody! We are Chiara and Fabio from Milan, Italy.

I am Chiara, I am vegan since twenty years for etical reasons and lifestyle. I read a lot of book and articles about the reduction of cancer and other diseases chosin vegan diet and I never regret my choice.
I am Fabio, when I met my wife Chiara I wasn't vegan... and I had a lot of health problems as high cholesterol, headaches and other problems for my bad habits. I choose vegan way of life initially at the most for healthy reasons, and thanks to Chiara, who is a great cook, I began to appreciate vegan food and for example I lost 15 kg of weight without any diet, my cholesterol in now good.
We love animals an we have 2 cats on 1 dog.
We are very glad to join this community and we hope to find new friends from all around the world in order to share recipes, lifestyle and suggestions :)

Being a huge pasta lover, I was wondering how you manage to eat pasta without parmesan reggiano? Moreover, is it easy
being a vegan in Italy? Do your family and friends support your lifestyle or do they think that you're eccentric?
We also are both pasta lovers,!!! But for example "spaghetti aglio, olio & peperoncino" or with "pummarola" don't need any cheese ;-)
Vegan community in Italy is increasing thanks to some vegan "influencers" as, for example, Carlotta Perego, and now is not so difficult to find products and restaurants for us... and also ice-creams!
Our family approves our choice, and our friends are simply not interested in it. We don't force them to do our same choice...
We couldn't have any relationship with someone who consider us crazy , but fortunately these are only colleagues and not friends!!

We also are both pasta lovers,!!! But for example "spaghetti aglio, olio & peperoncino" or with "pummarola" don't need any cheese ;-)
Vegan community in Italy is increasing thanks to some vegan "influencers" as, for example, Carlotta Perego, and now is not so difficult to find products and restaurants for us... and also ice-creams!
Our family approves our choice, and our friends are simply not interested in it. We don't force them to do our same choice...
We couldn't have any relationship with someone who consider us crazy , but fortunately these are only colleagues and not friends!!

I really miss good tasting cheese with pasta. I'm actually going to make whole wheat spiral pasta with broccoli and garlic for lunch!

Pleased that it's easy to buy plant based products including ice cream in Italy. It's not the case over here in France. Granted that shops do
sell a large selection of pb milk/spread/faux meats. However, it's impossible to find vegan ice cream anywhere. There are very few vegan eateries unless you're in a large city such as Paris.

None, of my friends are interested in a pb diet and don't know what Veganuary is. They stuff themselves with meat and dairy. The few that don't eat meat, eat tons of fish and seafood. There is little hope and I find it discouraging.

welcome to the forum!

We eat a lot of pasta, aglio y olio being our favourite. We do use nutritional yeast, on it, in place of cheese, I used to make a combo with cashews etc but now we just use it directly. Not sure if you are able to get "nooch" in Italy.

We look forward to both your contributions to the forum.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: PTree15
Welcome from BC, Canada.

Who doesn't love Italian food? I cannot tell you how much I love it!

I hope you enjoy the forum. I look forward to seeing you post.

I really miss good tasting cheese with pasta. I'm actually going to make whole wheat spiral pasta with broccoli and garlic for lunch!

Pleased that it's easy to buy plant based products including ice cream in Italy. It's not the case over here in France. Granted that shops do
sell a large selection of pb milk/spread/faux meats. However, it's impossible to find vegan ice cream anywhere. There are very few vegan eateries unless you're in a large city such as Paris.

None, of my friends are interested in a pb diet and don't know what Veganuary is. They stuff themselves with meat and dairy. The few that don't eat meat, eat tons of fish and seafood. There is little hope and I find it discouraging.
Vegan ice cream is a new stuff here, at the beginning there were only a few flavours (chaco or hazelnut) now you can find a bigger choice but we have to say that we live in Milan which is a big city and we think that specially here people are a bit more interested in new food experiences. Good for us!

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
Welcome from BC, Canada.

Who doesn't love Italian food? I cannot tell you how much I love it!

I hope you enjoy the forum. I look forward to seeing you post.

Hello Veganite, thank you and pleased to meet you! Italian food is great but in a very lot of recipes meat is the main character :) expecially in classic "grandma's kitchen" :-D

welcome to the forum!

We eat a lot of pasta, aglio y olio being our favourite. We do use nutritional yeast, on it, in place of cheese, I used to make a combo with cashews etc but now we just use it directly. Not sure if you are able to get "nooch" in Italy.

We look forward to both your contributions to the forum.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
Hello Emma :) I also love aglio & olio, at my own risk because Chiara doesn't like garlic...and that is the reason why I often sleep on the couch :)
We miss a little good cheese but vegan cheese is a valid friend..
We don't know what Nooch is!!! Let's make a little search on web.. it seems interesting, thank you!

Hello Chiara & Fabio, great to have you here.

I love Pasta e Ceci, although I understand that this typically also requires cheese.
No problem, I also love it without.
Plus, there are some vegan parmesan alternatives now ...

Reactions: PTree15