UK Vegan "Cheese"

BTW, this might be the year of the vegan cheese. First we had milk subs, then meat subs. This year maybe its cheese subs.

I have to say, lately, it's that I like the vegan cheddar so much I've been eating too much!
On my second pack of Violife cheddar slices--and I hear their 'aged' cheddar is much better- and in the UK (of course! 🙄 )

I never liked cheddar but it is super popular. I am very happy with Field Roast Chao, and the Trader Joe's shredded mozzarella. Would like to see some Parmesan. What ever happened to Go Veggie!?
Swiss used to be my favorite but I don't really miss it anymore.

The survey is very short - it took about 1 minute and was I think 3 questions long
See link in original post

I've never tasted a plant based cheese that I truly find tasty. They are poor substitutions for dairy. The best (least worst) supermarket product would be Violife & Applewood.
However, I've never tried artisan style pb cheese.
The only reason being that there is very little choice where I live and also the ridiculous price, ex € 8 for 40 g
(2 tiny portions) of cheese.

• Agree
Reactions: Brian W
I like Field Roast Chao vegan cheese. It’s good for cold sandwiches. It’s doesn’t melt well, though.

I like Field Roast Chao vegan cheese. It’s good for cold sandwiches. It’s doesn’t melt well, though.
I like it too. I think it melts good enough. I frequently use it on a vegan patty or just a grilled cheese sandwich.

Reactions: David3
We have some good vegan cream cheese here but the solid stuff that I have tried tastes awful. Even if it tasted good, the depth of flavour isn't there. There is something punchy about a good cheese that must be difficult to emulate in vegan alternatives.

• Agree
Reactions: shyvas
We have some good vegan cream cheese here but the solid stuff that I have tried tastes awful. Even if it tasted good, the depth of flavour isn't there. There is something punchy about a good cheese that must be difficult to emulate in vegan alternatives.

We don't get any plant based cheese in hyper/supermarkets over here.

It's the development of friendly bacteria that gives cheese that unique taste.

• Informative
Reactions: Brian W
I have had a couple of good cream cheeses. Myokos, the lox flavored one is my favorite.
I don' buy it very often cause it doesn't last long in the frig. maybe a week after you open it. So I have to have bagels and cream cheese almost every day of the week.

I have had a couple of good cream cheeses. Myokos, the lox flavored one is my favorite.
I don' buy it very often cause it doesn't last long in the frig. maybe a week after you open it. So I have to have bagels and cream cheese almost every day of the week.
It's addictive on Knäckebröd with jam or marmalade on top so it doesn't last long in this household!

Reactions: Lou