Vegan Cheese

Have you tried Daiya block cheeses? Nothing like the shreds, I can eat slices cold, or melted.
The muenster was a bit lacking in taste, but the cheddar and jalepano havarti-I swear just like the dairy cheese.
I find them on sale for between $2.99 and $3.50

Have you tried Daiya block cheeses? Nothing like the shreds, I can eat slices cold, or melted.
The muenster was a bit lacking in taste, but the cheddar and jalepano havarti-I swear just like the dairy cheese.
I find them on sale for between $2.99 and $3.50
I have NOT been impressed with Daiya thus far. :dismay: And I do not eat cheese slices like I used to years ago... mostly get shreds to add to stuff... and Go Veggie is ALWAYS cheaper... and I like it better. LOL ;)

Have you tried the blocks that I mentioned? o_O
I just couldn't believe how much like cheese they were.
Ok, I'll come clean. I posted anon that I tasted real cheddar to compare, :oops:, and yes, they compared, with the Daiya block being superior

I'm honestly not wild about the Treeline products I've tried. I prefer Heidi Ho's (Ne Chèvre Live Cultured Cashew Cheese by Heidi Ho) or Miyoko's Kitchen (MIYOKO'S KITCHEN) .

I do not like Go Veggie brand shreds - tastes ash-y to me for some reason. For the best shredded cheese, get Follow Your Heart blocks (mozzarella! provolone!) and shred yourself. I must confess, I do like the daiya brand. Granted, it doesn't taste like cheese really, but whatever it tastes like is far better than most of the other subs!

Last edited: