Vegan Cheese Options

effortDee

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I would like to share this resource with everyone, it has nearly 1000 vegan cheese options and the discovery tool can be used to filter and sort in many ways.

The hardest part for me transitioning to veganism 4 years ago was removing cheese from my diet, so I thought some could benefit from this discovery tool.

You can filter in many ways:

1. By brand
  2. (base) main ingredient used as the base of the vegan cheese
  3. brand
  4. extra dietary requirements
  5. flavor
  6. location available
  7. flavoring
  8. ingredients composition, to show only whole food plant based cheese
  9. and texture
I hope it can help some of you find new favourites!

silva

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
Wow! That's a lot of info!
Uk has 90 varieties, US 68!
Parmela came up, and I've seen that in stores but no ones ever brought that on up!
Thanks

effortDee

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
No problem, glad to help others!

Not tried that Parmela yet, seem to keep on buying the new Violife Epic Mature, wow its good.

silva

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
No problem, glad to help others!

Not tried that Parmela yet, seem to keep on buying the new Violife Epic Mature, wow its good.
I had parmela pepperjack slices. They were good, but maybe I got a pack that wasn't stored well, they were all soft and stuck together. THey tasted good and were great on tortilla chips in the toaster oven!
I think they were a lot like Trader Joes cheddar slices, which were kinda crumble texture-like they should have just been shreds!

Violife cheddar shreds are the best! I also love Daiya farmhouse blocks

Reactions: PTree15

PTree15

Beach bum
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I had parmela pepperjack slices. They were good, but maybe I got a pack that wasn't stored well, they were all soft and stuck together. THey tasted good and were great on tortilla chips in the toaster oven!
I think they were a lot like Trader Joes cheddar slices, which were kinda crumble texture-like they should have just been shreds!

Violife cheddar shreds are the best! I also love Daiya farmhouse blocks
Agree on the Violife cheddar shreds and the Daiya blocks. I have not been able to find the Daiya cheddar blocks anywhere of late. I think Daiya has the best of the cheddar blocks I've tried.

silva

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
I have changed my mind on Parmela and Trader Joe cheddar slices. I like both a LOT
Learned TJ's has vegan Boursin, but I don't even know what that is :shrug: