Vegan Burgers

sunflower

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hi, I fancy making some vegan burgers. There are so many recipes to choose from. Does anyone have a favourite they wouldn´t mind sharing please. :)

I haven't made vegan burgers yet (although lidl do 2 types of vegan burgers!! A vegetable one and a spicy bean one - both delicious!!) however I have seen lots of lovely looking vegan burger recipes on Pinterest. It's worth a look on there if you haven't already.... Loads and loads and loads of vegan recipies xxx

I don't make mine either- as there are so many tasty vegan ones to buy.
I like Fry's chicken style burgers or regular burgers. Health food shops sell them, (H&B).
I know with the vegan society card you can get 10% off.

My daughter loves Tesco's 'value' range vegetable burgers. They are like a vegetable hash brown and vegan.

Saw today that Sainsburys stock:

2 pack 'new recipe' Linda McCartney quarter pounders.

Their sausage rolls, sausages and country pies are also vegan.

I've not tried anything from the Linda McCartney range, should probably give something ago.

Interesting stuff :)

Hi. The Linda Mc Country pies and the braided non-cheese (rosemary, from memory) parcels are delicious hot. Somehow they really don't taste very good at room temp or cold.

My vegan burger recipe is essentially cooked puy lentils, mandolin sliced leeks (so fine they disintegrate when sauteed) and harissa paste. Once the mixture is cooked so the lentils are very soft and the leeks have all but disappeared, I add seasoning and a couple of Tbsp of ground flaxseed/linseed to bind and mould them in my burger press.

Another trick is to press them into a large mushroom cap and brown the cap to cook.

Yum ... this is making me hungry ...

Hi guys, how did you get on with the burgers? I made one last night and it was awful so looking for an alternative recipe

I like my own (posted above) but if all else fails why not just make felafels and shape into a burger pattie?
Aqua faba can be used to bind ingredients if you don't have flaxseed/linseed. And if a regular burger doesn't hit the spot why not spiralise some white and sweet potato, mix in a plastic bag with dry flavourings like vegan bouillion powder and fry, in the shape of a pancake, at high heat. The crunchy noodle edges are something else ... plus, if you have this "pseudoburger" with enough accompanying salad it's not really all that unhealthy, right? ... excuses, excuses.

Thanks fzjohnson, very helpful :) I will try the falafel burger, that is a good idea

I made Jamie Olivers Mega Burgers that he did for Ellie Goulding over the weekend and honestly they were incredible. Super easy too- you literally just throw everything into a food processor.

Do you have the recipe or the link for that Jamie Oliver burger?