Free Coffee/Silk on Coffee Day

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
While coffee chains continue to charge for plant-based milk substitutions,
the brand is rewarding coffee-drinkers for making compassionate choices.

Sunday, 9/29 is National Coffee Day.

I guess a lot of people may have a cup of Joe while reading the Sunday paper. But I think Monday Morning would be a better choice for a Coffee Day. don't we all need a little extra energy Monday Mornings?

For one brew-tiful day only, coffee drinkers will be able to send Silk a PayPal request (silknationalcoffeeday@gmail.com) for the cost of one dairy-free coffee drink (up to $5 in value) purchased at their local coffee shop, with their drink order in the notes section, and we’ll pay them back​

I doubt I will go out for coffee Sunday morning. And even if I did I don't think I would bother making a PayPal request. When I do go to Starbucks for coffee i put some soymilk in my reusable tumbler. Therefore saving the 50¢ charge.

But I like that Silk is bringing attention to this issue.

PETA says, "Everyone should be able to order non-dairy milk at no extra charge"

Last edited by a moderator:
While coffee chains continue to charge for plant-based milk substitutions,
the brand is rewarding coffee-drinkers for making compassionate choices.

Sunday, 9/29 is National Coffee Day.

I guess a lot of people may have a cup of Joe while reading the Sunday paper. But I think Monday Morning would be a better choice for a Coffee Day. don't we all need a little extra energy Monday Mornings?

For one brew-tiful day only, coffee drinkers will be able to send Silk a PayPal request (silknationalcoffeeday@gmail.com) for the cost of one dairy-free coffee drink (up to $5 in value) purchased at their local coffee shop, with their drink order in the notes section, and we’ll pay them back​

I doubt I will go out for coffee Sunday morning. And even if I did I don't think I would bother making a PayPal request. When I do go to Starbucks for coffee i put some soymilk in my reusable tumbler. Therefore saving the 50¢ charge.

But I like that Silk is bringing attention to this issue.

PETA says, "Everyone should be able to order non-dairy milk at no extra charge"

Wait - how do they know it's real? Do we upload a receipt? Or are they just doing the honor system?

Wait - how do they know it's real? Do we upload a receipt? Or are they just doing the honor system?

My guess is that it is honor system based on name and address. It's not too insane to think about either, they are trying to drum up media attention after all. Not too different from when I missed the "beyond burger day" and emailed the company about it. They sent me 2 coupons for beyond burgers and a specially printed note that said they were sorry I missed out on their promotion. They want to get people "through the door" and they want it to be visible.

Reactions: Lou and Sax
My guess is that it is honor system based on name and address. It's not too insane to think about either, they are trying to drum up media attention after all. Not too different from when I missed the "beyond burger day" and emailed the company about it. They sent me 2 coupons for beyond burgers and a specially printed note that said they were sorry I missed out on their promotion. They want to get people "through the door" and they want it to be visible.

Yes. And they already got their name in some headlines. That has got to be worth something. Plus, if the campaign is successful it should mean a lot more business. I once was at a Starbucks when their milk delivery came in. I didn't stop to count but it looked like at least 10 gallons. And I think that was just for the day.

Ok, I just looked it up. Starbucks buys 100 million gallons of cow milk a year.

Happy Coffee Day!

Reactions: Emma JC
Hey!
September 29 is National Coffee Day.
and Starbucks is celebrating their 50th anniversary.
Come into Starbucks with a reusable cup and get a free cup coffee

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52