Vegan Beginner

TobySmith

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hello my name is Teddy. I want to help beginners like myself come up with interesting vegan options to tackle daily healthy meals.
If you can help me comment below.

Hello Teddy,
Welcome to the forum.
My favorite advice to beginners (in order)
1. check out Dr. Greger's Daily Dozen.
2. learn how to use CronOmeter.
3. go to the library or bookstore and borrow or buy a vegan cookbook. Just look thru the shelves and pick out one you like. there is a lot to be said for using google to find recipes but if you don't know what you are looking for a real book that has lots of pretty pictures can really help. I'm an advocate for the library and I almost always have a cook book checked out.
4. If you do like finding recipes on the internets, then check out the website/app CopyMeThat. Its a great tool.

As long as you are here you should check out our recipes threads and maybe even add something to them. We must have over 1000 recipes here.

Hello Teddy,
Welcome to the forum.
My favorite advice to beginners (in order)
1. check out Dr. Greger's Daily Dozen.
2. learn how to use CronOmeter.
3. go to the library or bookstore and borrow or buy a vegan cookbook. Just look thru the shelves and pick out one you like. there is a lot to be said for using google to find recipes but if you don't know what you are looking for a real book that has lots of pretty pictures can really help. I'm an advocate for the library and I almost always have a cook book checked out.
4. If you do like finding recipes on the internets, then check out the website/app CopyMeThat. Its a great tool.

As long as you are here you should check out our recipes threads and maybe even add something to them. We must have over 1000 recipes here.
Yes to all that-- but do CronOmeter as you've eaten prior to vegan, to get a good comparison. Too many people worry about deficiencies without realizing how many were had eating animal products. I'm not really clear how valuable it is to plant based diets. I defer to Dr Greger

Check out vegan/plant based books on amazon and look at the "look inside" option. I've gotten many recipes doing that, as well as seeing whether it suits my needs

I will say it took months for me to feel normalized as a vegan--without having to think about what food to eat or how to eat