Vegan Baileys is going to be A Thing

AeryFairy

Anachronism
Reaction score
:starshower:

I used to make a very delicious homemade vegan Baileys, but I'm very happy that now I won't have to make the effort.:D

It will have to be really good to top my version.

1 can lite coconut milk
3/4 cup whiskey
1/4 cup coffee liqueur
2 tbs coconut cream or brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Shake and stir. Serve on the rocks or as coffee creamer with a kick.

That being said - I'll be happy to give it a try! :)

I read that it isnt out in the UK yet :( Has that changed?

In case anyone is too impatient to wait and doesn't want to make it: At Vegfest Brighton I tried some stuff called Besos De Oro which was similar... my omni friends said it was stronger than Baileys

Besos De Oro

I've never been big on Baileys but Deladus's version sounds nicer (coffee + coconut = win). I think Baileys will be one of those things that I never really liked, don't miss, but will drink anyway for the novelty value because I never thought I'd have it again. The same category as trifle.

I could totally get into this. And I'd like to try Dedalus' recipe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ledboots
Cream cocktails are easy to make. A friend of mine used to make me them and it saves buying bottles of ready made ones.

Well, that sounds quite good, although Bailey's was one of the easier things for me to give up when going vegan...
... will definitely give it a try if I encounter it.

It will have to be really good to top my version.

1 can lite coconut milk
3/4 cup whiskey
1/4 cup coffee liqueur
2 tbs coconut cream or brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Shake and stir. Serve on the rocks or as coffee creamer with a kick.

That being said - I'll be happy to give it a try! :)
OMG, thank you for this. I've been wanting to try to make my own forever, but I've been leery of trying any recipes for fear that I'd not like it and thus waste the ingredients (well, that probably wouldn't happen, but still :D ). That said, I'll give the Bailey's vegan version a try as well. Any particular whiskey you'd recommend? I don't drink a lot of whiskey, but when I do, it's Jameson :D.

Reactions: ledboots
OMG, thank you for this. I've been wanting to try to make my own forever, but I've been leery of trying any recipes for fear that I'd not like it and thus waste the ingredients (well, that probably wouldn't happen, but still :D ). That said, I'll give the Bailey's vegan version a try as well. Any particular whiskey you'd recommend? I don't drink a lot of whiskey, but when I do, it's Jameson :D.

I have add numerous cream based cocktails. I think that it would be not worth buying very expensive alcohol as the taste is a bit drowned by all the other ingredients. They are very easy to make and much cheaper than expensive bottle of a cocktail mix.

I'm a little confused by the "coconut cream OR brown sugar" since it's not like the two are interchangeable and each would serve a different purpose.
Of course, I'm picking the sugar and going to try it this weekend since it's a holiday. [emoji38]

Reactions: PTree15
I'm a little confused by the "coconut cream OR brown sugar" since it's not like the two are interchangeable and each would serve a different purpose.
Of course, I'm picking the sugar and going to try it this weekend since it's a holiday. [emoji38]

The sugar would have to be dissolved so you could use either. I'm always experimenting.
Honestly there is nothing complicated about making cocktails. :)

Do you have a cocktail shaker KL ?

Last edited:
The sugar would have to be dissolved so you could use either. I'm always experimenting.
Honestly there is nothing complicated about making cocktails. :)

Do you have a cocktail shaker KL ?
I'm going to have to get one of those. :D
Andy, thanks for the info. Much appreciated. :)