Vegan Animal Rights Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rory17

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
It’s my birthday today! How are you all?
I have already set up a petition on Care2 to Clearcast to allow vegan activists/groups to air pro-vegan ads on TV. Why don’t animal rights activists/groups generally air ads like that on TV? What/who would stop them from doing so? Also, what (if any) legislation would stop them from doing so?
Thank you.

I think such ads might just be too radical for many mainstream network executives. It's a very conservative business. You would have to look up local laws but I doubt there would be any as meat and dairy industries advertise all the time. In Canada, we are having an election currently and I did see an ad for the Animal Rights Party of Canada, so it does happen. Also, the meat and dairy industries are more formalized and have more big bucks for such ads.

Happy Birthday Rory!!

Animal right ads on TV.

Here in America, PETA does some TV commercials. I think its now a tradition that they have the most controversial ad during the Super Bowl - although sometimes they get banned.

HSUS has lots of ads on TV. Although their ads are about donations and animal adoptions.

Here in America, I imagine that some ads might not get past the writer's room or on TV because of our Veggie Libel Laws. Some of them are connected to the Patriot Act. I think the Mad Cowboy was indicted under the Food Disparagement Act. And Oprah Whitney was sued for libel by the Beef industry. (They both won - but it took years and millions of dollars)

Hello everyone,
It’s my birthday today! How are you all?
I have already set up a petition on Care2 to Clearcast to allow vegan activists/groups to air pro-vegan ads on TV. Why don’t animal rights activists/groups generally air ads like that on TV? What/who would stop them from doing so? Also, what (if any) legislation would stop them from doing so?
Thank you.
Maybe a little late but how bout this birthday present

• Love
Reactions: vegan89 and Emma JC
I know that there is a very applicable famous quote or a quote by a famous person on this subject.
Something like if you don't like watching animal cruelty, ban the videos, not the animal cruelty.
But I can't remember it, and haven't been able to google it.
Maybe one of you guys can remember it for me...

but in the meantime, that is what the UK's ASA has decided to do.

I know that there is a very applicable famous quote or a quote by a famous person on this subject.
Something like if you don't like watching animal cruelty, ban the videos, not the animal cruelty.
But I can't remember it, and haven't been able to google it.
Maybe one of you guys can remember it for me...

but in the meantime, that is what the UK's ASA has decided to do.

It’s the other way around. It’s if you are upset by animal cruelty images, work to stop the cruelty, not the images. It’s from Johnny Depp. Banning the videos and not the cruelty would be so very counterproductive to the vegan/animal rights movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.