Vegan Activist Wins Big Brother! | Tal Gilboa

Bite Size Vegan

Vegan Fruit-Ninja
Reaction score
israel is on the fast track to become the world’s first vegan nation. and they took a huge step this week when a vegan activist won israel’s big brother television show. i want to introduce you all to tal gilboa, one of israel’s most prominent animal rights activists and one kick-*** vegan. big brother is the most-watched entertainment show in israel and throughout this season, tal has been there to speak up for the animals. her activism has had an incredible impact, with a recent poll showing that 49% or viewers changed their minds regarding animal suffering in the food industry and an incredible 60% saying they will make a change or have already made a change in their eating habits because of the show.

Last edited:
That is remarkable! It is good people are inspired to be more health-conscious from your program. I think you would appreciate some other efforts in this area occurring in the United States like the "Slow Food" movement which some more progressive restaurants are emphasizing to promote the value of growing organic produce, supporting local agriculture, and the process of how the food gets to your table (as opposed to the cheapened mass-market, quick & easy & genetically modified food products everywhere now). Check out Gabrielf of Urantia, activist and musician and founder of the Food for Ascension Cafe in Tucson, Arizona... they're doing really good work there in providing great affordable vegan cuisine and education on health and food which is so integral to our lives. Thanks for the post!

I wonder why Israelis see "food" so different than we here in the US do? I heard that approximately 15% of the population is vegan. Regardless, good for them and hopefully we can follow in their footsteps.