US Veg*an-friendly/plant-based restaurants....

MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra, over & out.
Reaction score
I only saw a U.K. restaurant thread like this, but nothing for the U.S. in general. If I'm mistaken, please make the necessary corrections. LOL ;)

What are some veg*an-friendly food spots where you live and/or where you've traveled in the United States? Are there some you've heard or read about that you desperately want to visit one day?

From fast-food to fine dining, please share your suggestions & experiences here. :thanks:

What’s the deal with vegan fast food? Some of us never thought that we’d see the day when White Castle or Denny’s offered veggie burgers, but now that they do, the millions of omnivores who eat there can see that choosing meat-free meals is easy and tasty.

Almost every restaurant has at least one vegan dish. By making educated choices and asking the server for assistance, dining out can be a delicious—and cruelty-free—experience! We put together this handy guide to help you navigate the chain restaurant world.

Vegan Fast Food and Restaurant Options | PETA (Updated October 2018)

I have the Happy Cow app on my phone. It lists veg*an and veg*an-friendly restaurants, stores and other businesses near me, or anywhere else on the planet if I do a specific search. It lists addresses, phone numbers, a link to the business website, and reviews from app users. You can set the radius and filter what you’re looking for, for example, only what is currently open when you’re searching. If you create an account, you can add reviews and submit places not listed on the app. There are certain criteria for submission, but it shouldn’t be a problem if you’re concentrating on mainly veg*an options. (For instance, you can probably skip the Burger King down the street from your hotel with its cheap AF Morningstar veggieburger, but do suggest the pub on the corner if they make a point of serving vegan bar food and drinks, and you really like what you tried.)

I have the Happy Cow app on my phone. It lists veg*an and veg*an-friendly restaurants, stores and other businesses near me, or anywhere else on the planet if I do a specific search. It lists addresses, phone numbers, a link to the business website, and reviews from app users. You can set the radius and filter what you’re looking for, for example, only what is currently open when you’re searching. If you create an account, you can add reviews and submit places not listed on the app. There are certain criteria for submission, but it shouldn’t be a problem if you’re concentrating on mainly veg*an options. (For instance, you can probably skip the Burger King down the street from your hotel with its cheap AF Morningstar veggieburger, but do suggest the pub on the corner if they make a point of serving vegan bar food and drinks, and you really like what you tried.)
I signed up for Happy Cow.... but they miss a lot of places.

Just a small take out place but very good! Lacto-vegetarian-
southindiacuisine

Never been to this one, but I really should!
Facebook

and this one- I thought it was 'healthier' than the menu so I avoided it-
Regular Menu
Awesome! I love looking at menus... and dreaming of veg-friendly places that will never open up here.... LOL :rolleyes:

Those places look delicious! :drool:

I'll have to try adding to Happy Cow. The last time their site didn't seem to be working right
I also randomly found a Chinese place that has fake meats :weird:. I so want to go! It's not that far but the roads are all under construction apparently. Googlemaps has the 10 mile drive taking 30 minutes :rolleyes:. Which would be fine...
I'm still mad I never went to Chryssie Hyndes resaurant in Akron before it closed. That one got such rave reviews!

If you’re ever in the Los Angeles area...

Fresh Brothers | Pizza, Salad, Wings : Est. 1985

It’s been a few years, but I remember how much I liked this local chain’s food. Their menu is vegan friendly. They have vegan tenders as an appetizer, plus they include vegan sausage in their pizza toppings, not to mention Daiya vegan cheese. Their pizza crust is vegan, and their menu has gluten-free items as well.

Reactions: Val