V8 is not vegan and I don't care.

To be honest I think juices are nicer when they come straight from a juicer than when they are mass bottled. Ive tried V8 before and it just isnt the same as having a home made smoothie or going to a juice bar.

To be honest I think juices are nicer when they come straight from a juicer than when they are mass bottled. Ive tried V8 before and it just isnt the same as having a home made smoothie or going to a juice bar.

I'm not into homemade/fresh juices but I do love me some processed tomato juice -- especially with alcohol and pickled condiments.

This isn't really news. All processed foods are allowed a certain amount of contaminant ppm. Aside from whatever the flavoring might be, all canned/jarred foods will have a mix of rodent and insect parts and feces, as well as other things. I had a friend who worked in a slaughterhouse when he was young, which is why he became a vegetarian. I wouldn't let him tell me any animal stories, but he did tell me about a non-food item that ended up in the hotdogs. Everyone used chewing tobacco there, and they would spit it into the bin that was used to collect the parts made into hotdogs. :yuck:

I wonder why they'd add animal products to it, but I never liked v8 :/

why, oh why must animals go in everything! it's like when you order the "vegetable soup" and it's made with beef broth…why? :argh:

I like the graphic of the "food babe" offering you a nice glass of green slime on the right.

But I'm confused why she cares about this in the first place, from looking at her unappetizing recipes it looks like a number of them include animal based products. Are flavorings that may be derived from animal by products somehow worse than eating eggs, cheese, salmon, etc?

all canned/jarred foods will have a mix of rodent and insect parts and feces, as well as other things.
The same can be said of fresh vegetables and fruit as well. Whenever I cut fresh collards, kale, etc I see insects on them. Usually small insects, but sometimes I get a bonus large bug. Cleaning with water will remove some but not all. Organic usually has a lot more bugs.

Well, you have to draw the line someplace. If there's a large amount of clam juice (or whatever their mystery flavoring is), then I don't want to help create a demand for it. If there's hardly more than a trace of animal-derived flavorings, then surely leaving them out would not detract from the product's flavor, so why include them? Walking past a fast-food place and inhaling the smell of cooking flesh doesn't increase the demand for anything, but a large number of people drinking juice made with only a trace of animal-derived flavoring will.

why, oh why must animals go in everything! it's like when you order the "vegetable soup" and it's made with beef broth…why? :argh:

'Warning - This sandwich may contain Pigeon ' Where WILL it end??? ;)

c63e981bcd32ab053c57c4b8b5c8acfe.600x.jpg

Reactions: Dedalus
Walking past a fast-food place and inhaling the smell of cooking flesh doesn't increase the demand for anything, but a large number of people drinking juice made with only a trace of animal-derived flavoring will.

the impact of trace ingredients derived from animal byproducts on demand for animals is pretty much nonexistent, imo. also, demand reduction does not contribute much to my motivation to be vegan (i'd be vegan even if had no effect on demand.) i personally would rather focus on being a little more strict about palm oil than worrying about minute amounts of hydrolyzed animal gristle that may or may not be present in V8 or campbells tomato soup.

Last edited: