UK supermarkets being investigated as meat found in vegan meals

Blues

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
UK supermarkets being investigated as meat found in vegan meals

An investigation is under way in the UK after traces of meat were found in vegetarian and vegan pre made meals available at Sainsbury's and Tesco.

British newspaper The Daily Telegraph is behind the tests, and has confirmed that two supermarket products have traces of meat - even though they are labelled both kosher and suitable for vegans and vegetarians.

I used to buy delicious vegan split pea canned soup from Finland, but the last time i saw it, it already contained 3% of beef fat:wtf:. Why? What for? :fp: On the other hand, its label was a little different, and it was suspicious, so it put me on the alert...

Last edited:
Not good! Of course, the question is whether it was DNA traces from cross contaminations (still should not happen) or whether it was a more substantial amount of meat found in vegan products.

I was a bit suspicious when I saw this came from The Telegraph, as I consider them to be a generally reactionary newspaper and not particularly interested in helping the vegan movement. It's the kind of newspaper where you'd find headlines such as "Why man-made climate change is a hoax" and "Why meat is good for you and the planet".

Reactions: Brian W
I was a bit suspicious when I saw this came from The Telegraph, as I consider them to be a generally reactionary newspaper and not particularly interested in helping the vegan movement. It's the kind of newspaper where you'd find headlines such as "Why man-made climate change is a hoax" and "Why meat is good for you and the planet".

You might have a point there, I see the issue is now in the hands of the Food Standards Authority. Well so they claim , so we will wait to see what they come up with.