UK Heinz Beans vs Canadian

T

thinman

My daughter after living in England for 6 months came home and would buy British Heinz beans saying they're better than the same style Canadian Heinz beans. At more than twice the price I noticed Brits here would buy the imported UK baked beans. I did a comparison, the Canadian beans had more protein and I preferred them, ha! I thought, if I visited Britain would I be able to buy Canadian Heinz Beans ? Actually now Heinz here make British style.

How did you manage to work out the protein content as the comparison is difficult to make, due to the way the weigh the ingredients? The list of ingredients look identical.

I'm not a fan of tinned baked beans due to the high sugar content and make my own.
I've never seen Canadian baked beans in UK supermarkets and don't really see the point of importing them.

I know eh! didn't know why folks here would go out of their way to buy imported tinned beans, they're just tinned beans. They are not a regular part of my diet either, but once in awhile.

My daughter (some years ago) would buy imported Heinz from the Brit Shop, I may of looked at the British style now made in Canada and compared labels with the regular Canadian Heinz beanz, so labeling would be the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: shyvas
My daughter after living in England for 6 months came home and would buy British Heinz beans saying they're better than the same style Canadian Heinz beans. At more than twice the price I noticed Brits here would buy the imported UK baked beans. I did a comparison, the Canadian beans had more protein and I preferred them, ha! I thought, if I visited Britain would I be able to buy Canadian Heinz Beans ? Actually now Heinz here make British style.

UK Heinz beans ingredients:
Beans (51%), Tomatoes (34%), Water, Sugar, Spirit Vinegar, Modified Corn Flour, Salt, Spice Extracts, Herb Extract.
Link: Heinz Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce

Canadian Heinz beans ingredients:
Water, white beans, tomato puree, sugar, salt, calcium chloride, spices, mustard, onion powder, garlic powder.
Link: Original Beans in Tomato Sauce | HEINZ Beans Canada

1595184721498.png

Last edited: