Tried and Tested Donut Recipe, Anyone?

Renee1

Rawry
Reaction score
When I was a kid, my mom made donuts once and I can still remember the smell of the apartment. I am not crazy about frying stuff, but tomorrow's the day when I exercise all my frying fantasies (beer battered tofish, homemade fries, daiya mozza sticks) and go for it.

Help?

My mom also made donuts once when I was a kid. I remember her putting powdered sugar in one small paper bag, and cinnamon sugar in another, and I got to help her by shaking the warm donuts in sugar. :)

I don't have a good recipe, though. :(

Reactions: Freesia and Renee1
Jam doughnuts are on my 'things to do list' so I'm afraid I can't really help you neither.

I'm going to try one of Anna Olson's recipes as she really is an expert when it comes to baking.

I love doughnuts and I could eat a whole pack.:(

Jam doughnuts are on my 'things to do list' so I'm afraid I can't really help you neither.

I'm going to try one of Anna Olson's recipes as she really is an expert when it comes to baking.

I love doughnuts and I could eat a whole pack.:(
Anna Olson is a great idea!

Yes, they certainly are delicious. I've invited my old roommates over just to make sure we don't eat them all!

Thanks, Freesia! I googled (obviously) but am more interested in something someone has tried before because it's new territory for me and I don't want to just try anything.

There are so many different recipes for doughnuts. A doughnut has to has to be made with yeast and than fried if not it's a cake.

Probably true. It is good to have deep fried donuts. I think it would be nice to have a bakiing recipe too though. If you felt like something donut like but was too lazy to knead dough and operate the deep frier then they could be useful.

I also have a habit of having dozens of recipes for something... :)

Probably true. It is good to have deep fried donuts. I think it would be nice to have a bakiing recipe too though. If you felt like something donut like but was too lazy to knead dough and operate the deep frier then they could be useful.

I also have a habit of having dozens of recipes for something... :)

The reason why I like them is that they are fried. :D I don't fancy a baked doughnut because it just doesn't taste like one. :p

Ive never had a baked donut tbh. But there are 2 deep fried recipes I posted.

I tend to like short cuts as I dont have my own kitchen to cook in/limited time. So I would opt for baked, but if I didnt have that problem I would make fried.

Thanks, Freesia! I googled (obviously) but am more interested in something someone has tried before because it's new territory for me and I don't want to just try anything.

Understandable.

Ive never had a baked donut tbh. But there are 2 deep fried recipes I posted.

I tend to like short cuts as I dont have my own kitchen to cook in/limited time. So I would opt for baked, but if I didnt have that problem I would make fried.

I have and I didn't like it as it tasted more like a cake.

Did both cake and yeast donuts because after I'd done up the yeast batter, I realized I really wanted cake ones. Both are excellent. Ended up just sort of winging it and making up recipes based on a few different ones.

Reactions: KLS52 and ledboots
Did both cake and yeast donuts because after I'd done up the yeast batter, I realized I really wanted cake ones. Both are excellent. Ended up just sort of winging it and making up recipes based on a few different ones.

Did you manage to eat them all ? Well done ! :D