Trader joe's. secret vegan food

Lou

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
There is a Trader Joe's that is a 5 minute walk from my house. So I go there petty often.

I know not everyone likes it - but I think it's one of those things that can grow on you. This article came out and although I thought I knew all the vegan items in TJs, there were still some surprises.

10 SECRETLY VEGAN FOODS YOU CAN FIND AT TRADER JOE’S THIS FALL

https://vegnews.com/2018/11/10-secretly-vegan-foods-you-can-find-at-trader-joes-this-fall

A couple of the big surprises for me was

Cauliflower Gnocchi
Maple Butter
Harvest Chili
Hearty Minestrone Soup

Forest Nymph

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Mmm Maple Butter.

Lou

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I've never had maple butter. I'm looking forward to trying it.

Reactions: Forest Nymph

Lou

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I had the Hearty Minestrone Soup for dinner yesterday. The ingredients looked really good and it smelled good too.
Two of the ingredients were black pepper and cumin. And I don't know if my package was representative, but it tasted like someone accidentally knocked a bottle of cumin and/or pepper into it.

In order to finish my medium-sized bowl, it took me 24 oz of water and I was dying by the time I got to the end. I really don't like spicy food so maybe I'm just too sensitive. Anyway, I froze the rest of the container and will add it to the next batch of minestrone I make.

However, as i was looking at the frozen veggies a lady with a kid asked about hot chocolate and the TJ employee steered her to Trader Joe's Hot Chocolate Sticks. The ingredients say "may contain soy and milk", which I don't worry about. It doesn't say it's organic or Free Trade which are two things I do look for. but it's not from Nestle, or Hershey, or from West Africa (it's from Columbia), so I'm assuming it is slavery-free.

Last winter I got addicted to this chocolate almond coconut milk. All organic. All free trade. but I thought this might even be better. First of all, I don't have to drink chocolate milk every day. Plus I like the extra protein that soy milk has.

Anyway, you just nuke a cup of your favourite kind of milk and drop one of these sticks in and stir. Next time I am at whole foods I'll probably pick up some free trade cocoa. But in the meantime this stuff is great.

Reactions: Forest Nymph