UK Tom Daley. One day ‘coming out’ won't be a thing.

SummerRain

I dreamed that God would be forgiving.
Reaction score
So this is more of a current event than a debate, but I thought it deserved a thread of its own. Tom Daley is a British Diver who dove in the Olympics and hosts a TV show on ITV, and also recently came out as bisexual via a youtube video.

I thought this article was a good read: One day ‘coming out’ won't be a thing - and the reaction to Tom Daley's announcement shows we're getting there.

Four years before I was born, it was still illegal to be gay in Scotland. In 1983, half of Britons believed that same-sex relations were always wrong; another 20 per cent thought they were mostly or sometimes so. It is less than 25 years since the first gay smooch graced British TV screens, leading The Sun to slam the EastEnders romance between Guido Smith and Colin Russell as “a homosexual love scene between yuppie poofs... when millions of children were watching.” But in modern Britain a 19-year-old British sports icon can publicly declare he is dating someone who happens to be of the same gender, and be bombarded with love and support. Britain, you have changed.

Reactions: Amy SF
Good for him! Anna Paquin announced she was bisexual a few years ago, and it seemed like nobody really noticed, or cared. :p

I have the most massive crush on Tom Daley and this really hasn't helped much. o_O

Anyways, it's great, but what isn't great is the fact that a lot of news outlets are falsely reporting him as "gay." Biphobia and bierasure strike again...