1/8 Cup of Nutritional Yeast
1 Tablespoon of GoVeggie Grated Parmesan
1/4 Cup Daiya Mozzarella Shreds
1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
2 Teaspoons of Onion Powder
1 Tablespoon of Earth Balance Buttery Spread, Melted
Salt (to taste)
Black Pepper (to taste)

Preface: Please note, the measurements are not an exact science. You may substitute any of the ingredients for similar ingredients/brands that are available to you. You may also increase/decrease the amounts specified to your own taste. This is how I make it. I know the addition of the melted Earth Balance may sound strange but it gives the ricotta a nice, rich taste that just works for me. I probably add closer to 2 Tablespoons. I also don't really measure the nutritional yeast or grated parmesan and Daiya shreds. I've made it enough times that I can just eyeball it. I prefer a drier, more firm ricotta, hence the extra firm tofu. You can use a softer variety if you so choose. Play with it...have fun.

This works so well on my pizza but I also use it for my lasagna and eggplant rollatini. Use it for anything that calls for ricotta stuffing...calzones, stuffed shells, manicotti, etc.

DIRECTIONS:

Blend the tofu with the salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, nutritional yeast and melted Earth Balance. I use an electric hand mixer. I don't like my ricotta too smooth/creamy so the mixer blends it just right for me. Crumbling the tofu by hand left it too chunky. I imagine a food processor or other blending appliance would work, also.

Stir in the Daiya shreds and Go Veggie Parmesan.

Use it in any recipe that calls for a ricotta stuffing.

Reactions: Amy SF and Dedalus
INGREDIENTS

1 Package of Extra Firm Tofu
1/8 Cup of Nutritional Yeast
1 Tablespoon of GoVeggie Grated Parmesan
1/4 Cup Daiya Mozzarella Shreds
1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
2 Teaspoons of Onion Powder
1 Tablespoon of Earth Balance Buttery Spread, Melted
Salt (to taste)
Black Pepper (to taste)

Preface: Please note, the measurements are not an exact science. You may substitute any of the ingredients for similar ingredients/brands that are available to you. You may also increase/decrease the amounts specified to your own taste. This is how I make it. I know the addition of the melted Earth Balance may sound strange but it gives the ricotta a nice, rich taste that just works for me. I probably add closer to 2 Tablespoons. I also don't really measure the nutritional yeast or grated parmesan and Daiya shreds. I've made it enough times that I can just eyeball it. I prefer a drier, more firm ricotta, hence the extra firm tofu. You can use a softer variety if you so choose. Play with it...have fun.

This works so well on my pizza but I also use it for my lasagna and eggplant rollatini. Use it for anything that calls for ricotta stuffing...calzones, stuffed shells, manicotti, etc.

DIRECTIONS:

Blend the tofu with the salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, nutritional yeast and melted Earth Balance. I use an electric hand mixer. I don't like my ricotta too smooth/creamy so the mixer blends it just right for me. Crumbling the tofu by hand left it too chunky. I imagine a food processor or other blending appliance would work, also.

Stir in the Daiya shreds and Go Veggie Parmesan.

Use it in any recipe that calls for a ricotta stuffing.

I have a similar version that uses 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds (blended in a food processor.) So good! Makes a hell of a dense lasagna!

I was looking for your pizza recipe but couldn't find it. I've never made pizza from scratch before. Should I just look for a pizza recipe and substitute this for the cheeses? I think a pizza recipe would be easily veganizable, so long as the cheese problem was solved- most complaints I've heard about vegan comfort food is that people aren't satisfied with the "cheese".

I've been more than happy with the cheddary flavor of yellow nutritional yeast. I specify "yellow" because the powdery, brownish-grayish kind I bought first was not even slightly cheeselike in flavor, although I did eat it all eventually (shudder).

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't post a recipe for pizza, just the ricotta. [emoji33]

You can take any pre-made pizza crust or make your own. I spread some of my homemade marinara sauce on the crust. Spread a nice substantial layer of the ricotta on top of that. Added a bit more sauce over the ricotta. Sautéed veggie pepperoni and Field Roast (or was it Tofurkey?) sausage and added that on top of the ricotta. Sprinkled a little extra Daiya mozzarella shreds and baked until the crust turned brown and the cheese melted...about 20-25 minutes in a hot oven, 425-450 degrees. You can add any topping on top of the ricotta, though. My next one is going to be mixed veggies! :)

Reactions: Tom L.
I have a similar version that uses 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds (blended in a food processor.) So good! Makes a hell of a dense lasagna!
What a good idea...cashews would probably work, too!

Sounds good to me, but I can't do jalapenos!

Jalapenos can be too much. I think they sometimes overpower other good things you might put on a pizza, and if it wasn't them I'd probably substitute lots of mushrooms, along with my other 3 toppings.

Reactions: KLS52