TOFU *Dun dun dun!*

VeggieLady

Newcomer
Reaction score
So, what is your favorite way to use tofu? Do you have a special marinade? Baked? Fried? Spill the beans!

:weird:

Ive never done anything that weird with it myself, I have only had it in asian stir fries, or chopped up into cubes in hot and sour soup.

I have only had cashew quiche, not tofu yet.

I suppose my favourite, although I don't use it much, is in vegan quiche.

This. It's easy, delicious and makes for a great breakfast lunch or dinner as it stores/reheats well.

My not so healthy favorite is coated, fried and dripping in any kind of sweet sauce. :D

I tolerate tofu and can't say that it is my favourite dish. However I do like smoked tofu.

I usually dip it in breadcrumbs and fry it or marinate and bake it in the oven. I also make tofu burgers which aren't too bad but quite high in carbs.
I'm going to try and make a savoury tofu tart one of these days when I have more time. :)

At home, my favorite is tofu scramble, or Mabo Tofu.

The Thai restaurant I go to makes really nice fried tofu, firm and flavorful but I have yet to master making it like that at home.

I'm so lazy I make tofu scramble or just bake it in the oven usually or I buy it already marinated and use it in stir fries or sandwiches.:D

My favorite way to use it is in chocolate amaretto mousse.

Recipe?:)

I regularly make buffalo tofu and use it in sandwiches.
Scrambled tofu is good too.
This looks really good: They are tofu chips:
419670_10151369710859264_84343293_n.jpg

Reactions: Freesia and KLS52
Hmm can I even pick a favourite? I have sooo many favourite tofu dishes! One is a traditional chinese dish of "silken" tofu slices with gailan stems, and shitake mushrooms in a vegetable clear sauce and served with rice. I also love firm tofu, lightly breaded with panko and nooch, then fried to top a tomato sandwich. mmmm mmm

Hmm can I even pick a favourite? I have sooo many favourite tofu dishes! One is a traditional chinese dish of "silken" tofu slices with gailan stems, and shitake mushrooms in a vegetable clear sauce and served with rice. I also love firm tofu, lightly breaded with panko and nooch, then fried to top a tomato sandwich. mmmm mmm
I think you have to make me all of those dishes, and I will decide which is best. :D

We don't use it often either, but when we do it's usually just a tofu scramble. Not very inventive, really. Tasty though! I've attempted a few different things but it never comes out quite like I want it to.

Like Mary, I can't pick just one. My favorites are:

Salt and pepper crispy tofu.
Tofu breaded with a cornmeal mix that includes a lot of Zatarain's, and then fried.
Barbeque tofu.
Salzkuchen made with tofu. (Salzkuchen is like a German farmer's version of quiche.)
Chocolate pie.

Reactions: mary1
I recently pressed a cake of tofu, sliced it into triangles and then dipped it in a mix (to simulate egg white) of 1 tsp arrowroot powder and 4 tsp water then rolled it in arrowroot powder and fried it in my nonstick pan in 1.5 TB of oil and they came all crispy and golden and lovely and then I poured over a sauce. I've never had good luck doing this but dipping it in the "egg" first made a huge difference.

I love marinated tofu but also homemade tofu fish fingers or breaded with polenta and nutritional yeast.

I love making quiche or chocolate pie with silken and I love Taifun smoked tofu with almond and sesame when i need something umami--where bacon would be (in my german potato salad) or goats cheese would have been.

Reactions: mary1 and ledboots
I also used to make eggless egg salad for sandwiches. It is basically the same recipe that I use for mock tuna salad but with tofu.

Reactions: Pickle Juice