Nutrition & Diet Tofu and Estrogen

alyssasmithsweet

Newcomer
Reaction score
I want to experiment with cooking with tofu. However, my husband has been doing some research and he came across some information that soy with mimic estrogen in the bodies of men. Making them chemically imbalanced. I want to know if any of you heard anything about the connection between soy and estrogen?

It's a myth. There is some truth to estrogen and/or estrogen promoting compounds being present in small amounts of soy foods, but tofu won't make your husband grow boobs.

Reactions: ledboots
I want to experiment with cooking with tofu. However, my husband has been doing some research and he came across some information that soy with mimic estrogen in the bodies of men. Making them chemically imbalanced. I want to know if any of you heard anything about the connection between soy and estrogen?
Soy foods are directly threatening the market share of meat and dairy, which is why there is a bit of an "info war" (or mis-info war) on the Internet on the topic of soy. Soy is not bad for you. Meat on the other hand, especially red meat ....

Ask yourself this: Which foods do you think has the most actual estrogen: animal milk and meat, or the products made from a bean?

I really wouldn't worry about it. There is anecdotal evidence about a man in Texas, but he was consuming something like a gallon of soy milk per day.

I relied on tofu heavily while transitioning to vegetarianism but have migrated more to beans, quinoa, nuts and wheat gluten as sources of protein. I have concerns about all the other ingredients in products such as soy milk, but I believe soy itself is pretty harmless in moderation.

I eat a lot of soy but I already had boobs. [emoji12]