Today's Vegan Menu (2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
B- Hot cereal and gingerbread coffee with almond milk
L- Leftover gumbo and veggie meatballs
D- Sophie's brand vegan crab cake, veggie macaroni, and my first-ever batch of homemade kale chips
S- Tofu banana pudding

Last edited:
B - Tofu "egg" on WW toast w/Daiya cheddar and smart bacon.

L - tofu spring roll w/Thai peanut sauce.

S - 1/2 date pecan scone from Whole Foods.

D - blackeyed pea quinoa corn chili.

S - Earth Balance popcorn.

Reactions: RascalsMom
B- Hot cereal and gingerbread coffee
S- Tofu banana pudding
L- Zucchini noodles with lemon hummus, beet hummus, a vegan crab cake, roasted green beans and tahini
D- Asian orange cauliflower and rice casserole and a couple Gardein crispy chicken tenders
S- A peanut butter pretzel thumbprint cookie with strawberry jam, and cup of tea

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. It actually turned out that I had the flu (that last day I posted was the sneak preview of it) and I ended up being horribly sick for several days. I missed a few days of work (first time I've ever had to call in sick at that job) and lost eight pounds in three days because I was just too sick to eat a thing. DX; I'm finally better now though.

B - Sprouted toast with peanut butter, apricot jam, cucumber slices and spinach. A banana, and a glass of soy milk.
L - Cabbage rolls stuffed with green lentils, brown rice, lots of veggies and topped with tomato sauce.
D - Grilled curried carrot slaw sandwich with tempeh strips slathered with spicy vegenaise and loads of spinach.
S - Glass of chocolate soy milk

^For the carrot slaw I used peanut butter instead of tahini (I've tried it both ways, you can't tell the difference) and I added in the optional sunflower seeds. Otherwise I made it exact, and I put 1/3cup of the slaw onto the sandwich. Popped it into the toaster oven open faced, and then added the spinach once it came out. Totally one of the tastiest sandwiches I've ever had :)

Gingerfoxx, was the banana tofu pudding homemade? Or was it storebought? If so, was it good? I've seen fruity tofu puddings at the store and have been curious about them. If homemade, what all's in it? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: KLS52
Gingerfoxx, was the banana tofu pudding homemade? Or was it storebought? If so, was it good? I've seen fruity tofu puddings at the store and have been curious about them. If homemade, what all's in it? :)

It was homemade. I used this recipe only I used silken tofu, because that's what I had on hand, and I didn't bother with the "assembly" I just had the pudding as-is.

I think I want to try that pudding. I'm not a fan of tofu pudding...tried chocolate once and could taste the soy. But I eat a lot of tofu now and I'm hoping the banana will mask the soy taste.

I googled a few recipes while I was waiting for your reply. They are all pretty much the same. I like your recipe because it calls for firm and not silken, which I prefer. :)

I think I want to try that pudding. I'm not a fan of tofu pudding...tried chocolate once and could taste the soy. But I eat a lot of tofu now and I'm hoping the banana will mask the soy taste.

I googled a few recipes while I was waiting for your reply. They are all pretty much the same. I like your recipe because it calls for firm and not silken, which I prefer. :)
I want to try making it again with firm tofu the next time I buy some. Part of the trick is to use very ripe bananas so the banana flavor is strong enough and sweet enough to cancel out the soy taste. The ones I used this time weren't quite ripe enough, but the result was still palatable enough to warrant a second attempt. It would be really good with vanilla wafers or ever gingersnaps or speculoos/Biscoff cookies too, maybe with coconut whip if you were feeling adventurous. I didn't get that fancy though, since I was just throwing it in my lunchbox for a mid-morning snack at the office.

Thanks for the recipe, Gingerfoxx! :) It's quite good! I agree that it's still quite tofu-y, but it's still good. I'm considering mixing in some cocoa powder to make a banana chocolate pudding. xD Figured the cocoa powder would kick out the tofu entirely. Not sure yet if I will though. I made it with the firm tofu and it's wonderfully thick.

B - Green smoothie
L - Leftover cabbage rolls
D - Whole wheat pasta with tomato sauce, tempeh chunks, mushrooms, green peppers, and steamed broccoli on the side
S - Banana tofu pudding with shredded coconut on top

I never thought I'd turn into one of those people who called smoothies 'breakfast' but I'm always finding that any food in the morning is too much food, but I don't want to go about my day without nourishment, so I thought I'd give smoothies a go. Thought that'd be a great way to get tons of nutrients but without feeling overly stuffed. It seemed to have worked! I felt comfortable after drinking it, and it packed enough punch to keep me going until lunch. This just might turn into a new thing for me!

Reactions: ledboots
Today was a very clean-out-the-fridge day, with two of my meals being leftovers. xD

B - Green smoothie.
L - Finished off the last of the cabbage rolls. A bit relieved to be honest; they're super tasty and all, but I was starting to get a bit weary of them.
D - Another toasted curry carrot slaw sandwich with spicy vegenaise and spinach. Yam fries on the side. Yummy! :D

Tomorrow I'm hoping to try out some new recipes for lunch and dinner. Leftovers are great and all, but I feel like something new! :) I've got some cashews soaking to try out a broccoli bisque recipe I found~

Yesterday's vegan menu since it's early and today's breakfast is still at least 5-6 hours away, lol.

B - vegetable soup with quinoa instead of rice.

S - orange

L - I had leftover blackeyed pea chili so I decided to add some to my vegetable soup and ended up with a hearty chili soup that was remarkably delicious. Will definitely be doing that again.

S - Luna bar

D - gnocchi w/lentil bolognese

S - popcorn

Edit: Oops...and a tiny square of TJ's bittersweet chocolate w/almonds.

As an ongoing thread, I wanted to create a place to share the vegan meals we eat each day. Feel free to include photos/recipe links if you are feeling sassy.

Yesterday my vegan menu was as follows:

B- Hot cereal and tea
S- Homemade whole-wheat apple carrot sunflower seed muffin
L- Baingan bharta (Indian eggplant curry) with some seasoned beans I resurrected from my freezer
D- Sunflower seed mac and cheese, using a scaled down version of this recipe: Sunflower Mac | Post Punk Kitchen | Vegan Baking & Vegan Cooking

Today my breakfast and snack are the same as yesterday.
L- Homemade coleslaw (red cabbage, carrot, shredded cauliflower and green beans dressed with lemon juice, vegan mayo, spicy mustard, soyaki sauce and spices) and a side of black-eye peas

Dinner is still up in the air. I am thinking a nice easy veggie saute with some nutritional yeast and a homemade veggie burger from the freezer.

What is everyone else eating??

I had oatmeal this morning. For lunch I had creamy cauliflower soup (yum) with lentils. Tonight I haven't figured out yet!

B- Hot cereal and coffee
L- A Gardein fish filet, some macaroni and some zucchini noodles dressed with lemon juice and tahini
D- Beet carrot and orange soup with teff
S- I bought some sorghum on sale last week. I hear it can be popped like corn. I think I am going to give that a shot...

*edit* The grains of sorghum were too light to pop effectively in my air popper. They kept flying out. I tried the brown paper bag approach in the microwave, but they got a bit scorched. I ended up making regular popcorn in the air popper instead.

Last edited:
B -Tofu scramble

S - orange

L - Cliff bar

D - Boca Chick'n patty on WW toast with pickles and onions and my special vegenaise/ketchup/Sriracha sauce.

S - mixed berries/cherries with coco whip.

S#2 - probably some popcorn. [emoji12]

B- cereal & soy milk

L - vegan Gardein chikn tenders & roasted potatoes

D - quesadilla with vegan cheese, refried beans, mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, salsa, guacamole & taco sauce.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
B- Hot cereal and coffee
S- Ginger cookie
L- Stir-fried broccoli in garlic sauce
D- Beet carrot and orange soup with teff
S- Popcorn with garlic powder and nutritional yeast

B - Tofu scramble
S - orange
L - Bean chili
S - Mixed berries with
coco whip
D - to be determined

B - Tofu scramble
S - orange
L - Bean chili
S - Mixed berries with
coco whip
D - to be determined
Is that coconut whip you had with the berries? Sounds intriguing. Who makes it? As horrible and chemical-filled as it is, Cool Whip was a staple of my childhood and was damn good with berries or in ambrosia salad.

Reactions: PTree15
Status
Not open for further replies.