US Tips for making vegan Sandwiches

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan

I love this article. Not just the content but the attitude. I'm thinking of adopting the attitude.

Vegan sandwiches don’t suck—you just suck at making them

If you’re still making snide remarks about vegan food, you’re living in the past.

There is so much great content in this article, too. Its like the article is a great vegan sandwich.

I wonder if there is a category for news of this sort. - this article should get an award. A Pulitzer for Food News?

It’s actually common sense when you think about it. It was never the “meat” that attracted me…it was always the bread and the different condiments/fillings.
My Tofurky sandwiches are delicious and satisfying, not because Tofurky tastes good lol 🤢 It’s because of what I put with it. I really like the whole make your own mayo and using umami and mushroom powder. I’m going to have to get even more creative.

1: I want Just Mayo back, and I want it cheap
2: I want sauerkraut to come in individual servings like applesauce
3: I should remember to buy Baco's-I like them

I love sandwiches! My favorite favorite is a smokey tempeh reuben--on dark rye spread with vegan mayo and grilled with sauerkraut, one of FYH cheeses (smoked gouda or provolone), Thousand Island made with vegan mayo, pickle relish, onion, ketchup, and slices of tempeh thats been simmered in a marinade of liquid smoke, thyme and sage till absorbed and golden

I like that tempeh for TLT too

A mashed tofu salad with vegan mayo, relish, onion and kala namak is good on a pita

I like to have refried beans, vegan cheese and stuff, on quesadillas

Of course a straight veggie sub is always good

Lebanese spiced seitan and soy yogurt tzaziki

Soy curls make for all kinds of good sammies

And of course, the standard seitan for everything

...and lastly, I hate chickpeas, but will make exception for good falafel

Oh man! I'm looking up fun places to go around Youngstown, as that article references a vegan restaurant there that sounds good. A bit more than an hour drive 🤔

Reactions: Lou
1: I want Just Mayo back, and I want it cheap
2: I want sauerkraut to come in individual servings like applesauce
3: I should remember to buy Baco's-I like them

I love sandwiches! My favorite favorite is a smokey tempeh reuben--on dark rye spread with vegan mayo and grilled with sauerkraut, one of FYH cheeses (smoked gouda or provolone), Thousand Island made with vegan mayo, pickle relish, onion, ketchup, and slices of tempeh thats been simmered in a marinade of liquid smoke, thyme and sage till absorbed and golden

I like that tempeh for TLT too

A mashed tofu salad with vegan mayo, relish, onion and kala namak is good on a pita

I like to have refried beans, vegan cheese and stuff, on quesadillas

Of course a straight veggie sub is always good

Lebanese spiced seitan and soy yogurt tzaziki

Soy curls make for all kinds of good sammies

And of course, the standard seitan for everything

...and lastly, I hate chickpeas, but will make exception for good falafel
I so miss Just Mayo. That was my favorite!

I'm simple. I just make vegan cheese and ham sammies. Mayo and mustard. I love it. I like a good mustard, usually dijon or something spicy. Vegan tuna sandwiches are great, too.

Reactions: Emma JC